Holder H1E need help identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holder H1E need help identifying

Picked this up and prior owner said it was rebuilt. Has no shaft play. When using Google to try to get more info I get a mix of H1c as well. I plan on taking it apart and getting measurements with a caliper but if anyone really knows holsets maybe they can help me out. Thanks in advance. Link is to a shared album on my Google photos. Could a mod update the title to holset... Got to love spell check.

like what truck did it come off of?

Comment

Purchased as you see it. Didnt get the history. Was hoping that all those numbers on the tags labels hot side center section means something to someone. Searching in general with holset as a keyword isn't getting me very far.

Found this based on the assembly number http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/19cudfmvah1e.html

Freaking bearing housing for a caterpillar... https://avspare.com/spare/caterpillar/3530538/

Turbine (Ind. 75.92 mm, Exd. 64. mm, 12 Blades) Comp. Wheel (Ind. 59.99 mm, Exd. 81.73 mm, 8+8 Blades, Superback)

Are these bad specs for an M20 stroker?
      Last edited by i_build; 05-07-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

bad specs i guess for under 500hp. you're going to have a bad time
        or even for over 500 it's sorta a slow old turbo, but if u got it why not.
        i got a 58mil hx40 on an m30 so whatever.
        it's slow spooling, yet maxed out, at the same time hah.

what's the cm on the exhaust side? it should be cast on one of the scrolls
        power is probably going to come on like a 1970s 100cc two stroke dirt bike. 2,000rpm power band near redline.

Comment

I think I might not have a problem with that... funny... turning 50. So I'm almost done with my stroker rebuild and considering I really want reliability I rather not bolt on another cheap turbo with better specs than a rebuilt holset that I can rely on a bit more. After my 3rd "made in China" budget turbo going bad on me figure I would give it a try. I think the pics show the numbers on the exhaust side... but if not I will measure after I get home from work.

Comment

No bueno... stamped 22 on the inside of the exhaust housing... added a pic of my old exhaust housing on top of the Holset and it looks like it would fall in. Well probably wasted some money on an impulse buy. It's a split exhaust housing... not sure what the A/R is but probably would spool by the time I redline. Don't know if they make smaller housings I can swap.

Comment

The more I research the more I realize you just cant go by the label. When measuring what seems to be a brand new center housing I get 78 & 56 for the compressor wheel and 72 & 60 for the exhaust wheel. That's more like an HX35 from what I'm reading on many forums. I cant find the number thats shown on the center anywhere (HOLSET 3530538).

Looking at the exhaust housing the opening where the center section mounts is 77MM which I also think matches the hX35. I see 12cm turbine housings on ebay for 60mm.

Did I luck out... even though the compressor is labeled with H1E looks like the work to setup as an HX35 was done albeit with a huge 22 exhaust housing... but if I swap exhaust housings to the one like ebay ... maybe I'll be ok?

This science and dealing with Holset is more complex than the rebuild.

Comment

New properly sized holset turbos are really cheap and used ones almost same price as that exhaust housing, so why bother trying to mix and match unknown parts.

Comment

because he bought it without knowing :P

that'll be ok.
                  i tried searching if the hx housing will bolt up to a h1e. it's a hard search.

Comment

Working...
                  X