Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16x8 "style 5?" rims. Redrill or adapters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run filled + drilled 16x8 Style 5's with very small (5mm) spacers, 205/45/16 595 RS-R's (they run as 215mm wide). They fit fine and look amazing. Pretty low too.
    RIP: Delphin '89 E30 with S50 swap and lots of goodies :'(

Then: '04 Evo 8 RS, 500 whp/420 wtq 2900 lb E85 AWD turbo shits 'n giggles

Now: 2003 BMW M5 in Sterling Gray

Comment

im running et5 16x8s in the front. 205/45 tyre. and sitting low they make it under the gaurds. just. with some camber plates to pull camber in they would fit even better.

Comment

style 5s with 18mm adapters & 205/45s.

style 5s with 18mm adapters, 205/45s and camber plates.
        8380 Laboratories
        M3 Champs Poster

Comment

I love my filled and drilled style 5's!

Currently running a 205/50 with 8mm spacer up front. Soon to have 225/45's and will then explore how to get away with a smaller spacer in the front if possible.

Dan

Comment

There is nothing wrong will a fill and drill if done right.

1987 Alpinweiß 325is

Like the PNW E30 Local Crew Facebook page

Comment

I would definitely prefer this method because I like the look of the wheels capless and with adapter you can run capless with out the funky looking redrill.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

im running fill and redrill style 5's . ill put pics up later and it fine.
                GIFSoup

Comment

GIFSoup

Comment

I've been weighing this for about 2 years for my 88 and i'm going with the adpters from 8380 (draft 42) 18mm front 20mm rear finished offset +5 and +3. I took a few shots of a car at the "Vintage" running this set up and will try to post those tomorrow.
                    This looks like the best set up and in my opinion the safest.
                    Imported from Detroit

Comment

Here are the photos from the Vintage the owner is running 42 Draft Designs adapters 20mm rear 18mm front.

Imported from Detroit

Comment

Wow that looks pretty nice! So those are et23 style 5's?

I love the finish on your wheels.

Dan

Comment

yeah that looks perfect... do you know what suspension he was on?

Didnt know it would fit so clean. I really wanna do two piece e39 style 5, but the 20 offset is just a few ticks off of making it adapter friendly without doing some major fender work.

Comment

adapters!! that way u can run multiple wheels and not have to redrill every set of wheels u might like.
                            1989 325i SETA stroker [delphin] R3V'd 8/31/2011
                            1989 325ix [zinnoberrot] $OLD
                            1970 2002 [Nevada]

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken
                            guy must have slid into something that doesn't look like a car vs car hit
                            Originally posted by ak-
                            Must of slid into Rob

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
                              I purchased a set of re-drilled style 5's in 16x8 and to be honest, it was sketchy, though it was done professionally with inserts it was just too thin in the center, so I then sold it to my friend with an integra since he doesn't have enough power to break them. lol

I'd run spacers before I do re-drills. A 5 lug swap is also another option :)
                              You think redrilled style 5s, either 16"cast, or 17" splits would not be strong enough for an s50 e30?

I was hoping to go this route for money sake :(

Comment

Originally posted by quillbro View Post
                                yeah that looks perfect... do you know what suspension he was on?

Didnt know it would fit so clean. I really wanna do two piece e39 style 5, but the 20 offset is just a few ticks off of making it adapter friendly without doing some major fender work.

Don't know the suspension he is running maybe the owner will post his specs.
                                Imported from Detroit

Comment

Working...
                                X