FS: turbo e30 race car in dubuque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: turbo e30 race car in dubuque

decided that i want to get rid of my e30 project, i have another one now and i want to get this sold so i can start working on a 24v swap :up:
    id love to keep this local so some buy it here in the midwest please!

1989 325i w/ 16x,xxx

engine:

fresh reseal, i had the motor out to paint the bay and replaced a majority of the seals with the exception of a few but new seals will be included.

refreshed head, valve job and decked

stock block, when i had the pan off to tap it for the turbo drain everything checked out fine

new as of this year:
    cap, rotor, plugs, intake and exhaust gaskets, valve cover gaskets, cam seal, rear and front main seals, tps, icv, water pump, timing belt and a few other things i probably forgot

arp headstuds and a new goteze headgasket as of 06/25/2012
    ireland engineering electric fan kit, the fan is on a toggle switch since the temp sensor they use with the kit leaked..

turbo parts:

Borg warner turbo from a duramax, i bought it from a fellow forum member about a year ago with 50k on it. he had the internal wg welded shut and a custom gasket made for the exhaust side. turbo has no shaft play.

full tubular header with external wastegate

38mm tial wastegate with a 1 bar spring and i have another 10psi spring i'll throw in

xs style blowoffvalve

custom full ss exhaust with a magnaflow muffler (sounds awesome)

2.5" inter-cooler and tig welded charge pipes w/ T clamps

brand new lucas 42lb injectors

engine management:
    WhodWho built megasquirt pnp ecu, it has a base tune on it right now and runs OK but should be properly tuned by a pro
    vdo oil pressure and boost gauges and an Lc-1 wideband 02 sensor w/ gauge

Drive train:
    G260 with fresh redline, new shifter bushings, and a spec stage 3 clutch that has about 2000 miles on it
    new trans mounts and throw out bearing

suspension:
    stock suspension, new lca bushings, sway bar bushings, and control arms, custom skid plate (car use to be on coilovers but in order to sell it for a better price i swapped suspensions from my vert)
    welded in roll cage ( all i had at the time was a flux core welder so the welds could be better...)

exterior:
    satin black paint ( car looked awesome until my cat had gotten on it in the garage and used it as a scratching post, could just be resprayed or you can leave it as is )

has no body rust except two spots in the floor that i welded in new patches over. and had the common battery tray rust behind the rear wheels (i fixed the battery tray rust on the valence)

rear passenger fender is messed up from pulling it since when i painted it i pulled a dent and smoothed it with bondo the right way but rolling fenders never goes well with bondo in the fender..

interior:
    gutted ( i have most of the interior if desired )
    gauge "pod" in the center vent
    knock off racing seat
    sweet shift knob and boot

pros: you couldn't duplicate the car with the same mods for the money
    has great potential for something awesome

cons: it's lifted with bottlecaps and it will need to be tuned

overall the car would make a wonderful track car or even just a sweet street toy for someone

asking 5500 OBO

car is located in Dubuque Iowa

I am not looking for trades nor am i looking to part it out so please don't ask
    Last edited by dmjensen; 06-30-2012, 11:22 AM.

Price drop

Comment

Working...
    X