Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need A Broken V8 Long block GM, Ford etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need A Broken V8 Long block GM, Ford etc.

I'm looking to buy a LS motor from LKQ but they require a core charge if I don't send them something. They tell me it can be any V8 as long as it has a head, a crank and all pistons.

Does anyone know where I can get a free or next to free V8 long block in the New England Area? I posted a wanted ad on NH craigslist without any luck so far.

Any one here have a busted up V8 sitting around?
    1989 US E30 Cammed S52
    Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Originally posted by ACHTUNG View Post
    I'm looking to buy a LS motor from LKQ but they require a core charge if I don't send them something. They tell me it can be any V8 as long as it has a head, a crank and all pistons.

Does anyone know where I can get a free or next to free V8 long block in the New England Area? I posted a wanted ad on NH craigslist without any luck so far.

Any one here have a busted up V8 sitting around?
    Have you tried other sources vs LKQ?
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
      Have you tried other sources vs LKQ?
      Yeah, I've been scanning ebay, craigslist, LS1tech.com, perfromancetrucks.net, etc. but LKQ seems to have the most fair pricing (as long as you have a core to return.) Their engines have a 6 month warranty as well. They ship free to any mechanic shop and they're close (Leominster, MA) so dropping off the core would be simple. So far they make the most sense as long as you have a core to return. I'll keep looking around...
      1989 US E30 Cammed S52

Comment

There are a bunch of place in the greater Leominster area, I know you know about the Car-part.com site
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

So it could be an m60?
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
            So it could be an m60?
            Yes. It can be any kind of V8.

Do you have one that's blown and want it off your hands?
            1989 US E30 Cammed S52

Comment

I do actually. I was debating keeping it around for mock-up purposes but I could be convinced to let it go.
              Byron
              Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                I do actually. I was debating keeping it around for mock-up purposes but I could be convinced to let it go.
                PM coming your way...
                1989 US E30 Cammed S52

Comment

Working...
                X