M6x swap Auto swap. Your take on wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M6x swap Auto swap. Your take on wiring

Hey guys almost every thing is ready for my M60 swap.
    I need a little help with my wiring, all the swap threads is manual related my swap is with auto transmission.
    Question 1) how would I go about mating the engine, auto trans loom with the e30s wiring?

Question 2) I have the complete wiring from the donor e34 with fuseboxes etc. My original plan was to use the cluster, wiring fuse boxes etc. From the e34 complete and delete the e30s wiring fuse box etc.
    If I go this route what will happen ??????
    Speedometer and fuel senders, pump will still be original e30.
    This won't work with e34 cluster, signal wise?
    I am not going to use ABS system and Airbags system also,
    Will these things prevent the Engine, Tran's from running normal
    I read about trans error code, some thing about incorrect speed signals will put the car in limp mode????

I have been reading a lot and the more I read the more confused I am!!!!!!!!!
    Head is sore to much thinking!!!!!!!
    Will really like some guidance to move forward
    Thanks

Why would you replace the E30 fuse box and cluster? I haven’t done any auto specific reading as I’m not aware of anyone who has done it, but it seems like you could just take an auto harness with the DME and transmission computer and wire it like normal- C101 to X20.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
      Why would you replace the E30 fuse box and cluster? I havenÂ’t done any auto specific reading as IÂ’m not aware of anyone who has done it, but it seems like you could just take an auto harness with the DME and transmission computer and wire it like normal- C101 to X20.
      There was a few thread's on a non English forum how to do this. I Google can't find it now eash. Always the case.
      OK reason I wanted to use the e34 stuff ,cause my e30 getting swapped is a 318i 84 South African model so everything is basic and old I don't have obd to help with future problem diagnoses.
      Seeing as I will be wrapping my dash in leather I can simply modify the cluster to fit neat. It has better features than e30 cluster.

I don't mind the extra work at least I will always get garage time lol.

The main goal, for the car to run smooth like the e34 did before I stripped it.

Some one must know some who did something like this!!!!

If we forget my car is an e30 and just an e34 how would I delete ABS and the airbag stuff, what else can i get rid of to simplify things up.
      Can I modify the speed signal from the e30 diff to work???
      Can I get the stock e30 fuel sender to work or would I have to modify the e30 fuel tank to accept e34 stuff ??

How would you go about doing these things?

If I keep the e30 stuff and wire up normal c102 x20 like you say what are some of the issue's, things that won't work. I am aware about tachometer, but what else, what about diagnosis, what else will I need to do on the wiring?????
      I am sorry if I am over thinking this stuff its all new to me I never did anything like this before!!!

Thanks

Comment

Isnt the trans computer part of the engine loom so shouldnt effect limp mode? and the wiring to the x20 is just for the instrument cluster???

Comment

Working...
        X