Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ballpark price for e36/MZ3 5-lug swap???(just parts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh, you'll need the brakes too (calipers, rotors, pads, and master cylinder).

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
    '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
    Strictly Eta

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
      I *think* the e36 setup will put the wheels further out in the fender wells.
      I am not positive though.
      they will be further in the wheel well, take a look at lucasbmw's car...they will still work though

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Stock E30
        Originally posted by UNHCLL
        I *think* the e36 setup will put the wheels further out in the fender wells.
        I am not positive though.
        they will be further in the wheel well, take a look at lucasbmw's car...they will still work though
        You using the same setup right?

Eric is also running something like ET35 wheels isnt he?
        Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
          Josh, you'll need the brakes too (calipers, rotors, pads, and master cylinder).
          Good to know...

Comment

Just to give you a figure from the cost of my future 5 lug swap. I bought the complete front (minus subframe), rear suspension (with trailing arms and subframe) and brakes from an E30 M3 for $1400. 8)

Finding E30 M3 suspension components isn't easy, but it would bolt up perfectly to the E30 and give you correct suspension geometry in the front. Fortunately the local European salvage parts place got a wrecked E30 M3 (w/ 50k mi) a week after I started looking.

IF the steering and overall front suspension curve/geometry isn't compromised by E36 front parts, I'd say go that route. But the fact that there are issues with front wheel centering sounds like it might not be properly thought out.
            San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

budget $2500+ I say for everything for the e36 5 lug swap
              I'm running et41 wheels and they fit perfectly (I think they're both et41?) 7.5 front 8.5 rear

george, you trying to copy my wheels? ;-)
              I think you should use the e30 M3 parts, much much easier, and cheaper in the end, just use 15mm spacers to fit the wheels
              fyi: 318ti hubs will also press into the rear t-arms of an e30

Comment

Working...
              X