Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What SS break lines to use front and rear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What SS break lines to use front and rear?

I think I remember Eric Lukas (spelling) aka "lukasbmw" have some issues with the rear lines cause they route differently.

What Ss lines to use for the front?

What Ss lines to use for the rear?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

When the rear conversion was done, I did not do it. I was wayyy to busy at the time and needed the conversion done ASAP, so I hired a tech to do it on the side. He told me the E30 SS rear lines (caliper to trailing arm) would not fit. Apparently he tried both the E30 and M coupe trailing arm section of line and neither worked...whatever.

I took the car into a shop later and had a look with the owner. We both realized that rerouting an E30 trailing arm line on the M coupe trailing arm would allow us to use e30 SS rear lines...the tec was wrong.

So:

Use E30 SS rear line and an E30 rear trailing arm brake line section on the M roady trailing arms.

FWIW: Watch out! The muffler rubbed on the driver side rear line! It wore it down so much I had to replace the one line. Make sure your driver side rear line does not rub on the muffler.

See you at Bfest.
    2004 SL600 - Current
    ------------------------
    2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
    2004 M3 SMG - Sold
    1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
    1989 325i coupe- Sold
    1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

Comment

And holy fucking shit! You spelled my name right! Most idiots think my name is Lukas or sell my name Erik Lucas or Eric Lucas. Pisses me off.
      2004 SL600 - Current
      ------------------------
      2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
      2004 M3 SMG - Sold
      1999 540i Sport - Sold :(
      1989 325i coupe- Sold
      1988 325is M50 M-tec - Sold :(

Comment

ss brake lines

i used the e30 ss lines with no issues. but the rear hard lines on the z3 trailing arms needed to be modified. see pics in writeup.... http://www.r3vlimited.com/phpBB2/vie...;postorder=asc

cheers, jason

Comment

I used 'ti rear t-arms and e30 SS lines with no trouble whatsoever

Comment

Working...
          X