Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought these rims at a junkyard.. do you know if they will rub?

Comment

superb thread!

might want to add 225/50-15
      Last edited by fretburnr; 02-15-2007, 09:17 AM.
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
        superb thread!

might want to add 225/50-15
        I did...few hours ago
        R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Good thread, couple questions as I am trying to understand the info between brackets...

Shouldn't flush ET00 be in the "Decent fitment" area as it will still fit, and if anything betwen ET25 (lowest that will fit) and Flush ET00 will fit how come the Decent Fitment section does not cover the area between ET00 and ET10 ? or ET25-30 and 35-40 ?

Width, Offsets that will fit: [b]<Lowest that will fit> Decent fitment <Highest that will fit>

x7.5" Offsets that will fit: <ET-25>ET10-ET30<ET40> Optimal: ET23; Flush: ET00

x8.0" Offsets that will fit: <ET-20>ET10-ET25<ET35> Optimal: ET18; Flush: ET00

Great info though, and this helps me pick up the right size wheels. I am shooting for 15-16 with widest possible tire w/o using spacers. I will roll the fenders if needed no problem, shooting for 225+ in the rear, 7.5-8+ wheel flush or as close to flush as possible with the fenders or close / w/o tire stretch.
          Last edited by Jean; 02-15-2007, 10:32 AM.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Vote sticky
            '91 E30 M42 DIAMANTSCHWARZ

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedMunky View Post
              Vote sticky
              Aye.
              Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                Good thread, couple questions as I am trying to understand the info between brackets...

Shouldn't flush ET00 be in the "Decent fitment" area as it will still fit, and if anything betwen ET25 (lowest that will fit) and Flush ET00 will fit how come the Decent Fitment section does not cover the area between ET00 and ET10 ? or ET25-30 and 35-40
                Great info though, and this helps me pick up the right size wheels. I am shooting for 15-16 with widest possible tire w/o using spacers. I will roll the fenders if needed no problem, shooting for 225+ in the rear, 7.5-8+ wheel flush or as close to flush as possible with the fenders or close / w/o tire stretch.
                This is where a difference of opinion comes in. You would HAVE to run stretched tires in order to have the rim of the wheel flush with the fender. What you want isn't exactly flush in my opinion, what you want is the SIDEWALL flush with the fender, which is a little more normal ;)

"Flush" offset is not in the decent fitment range because it requires stretched tires and body work, the flush offset is recommended for advanced wheel/tire enthusiasts only. This offset recommendation is NOT performance oriented. Purely aesthetics being considered here.

You can run a 16x8 ET25 with a 225/45 and roll your fenders for a pretty decent look.

Comment

Remember that if you are shooting for a performance oriented car, it is not ALWAYS best to get the lowest offset so that you can shoot for that wider track.

You want the proper offset so that when you are steering, your wheels aren't sticking out so much that they have to create an arc just in order to turn.

Comment

FWIW:ACS & Hartge (I think) went for 16 x 7.5 with ET25, so I would assume that is optimal, however, If I had 8" rims I would go for ET20, this may mean fender rolling with 225 tyres tho

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonMX5 View Post

I bought these rims at a junkyard.. do you know if they will rub?
                      Please tell me that your joking right?

Comment

So would a 15x7 with a 43mm offset fit with a 20mm spacer?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                          So would a 15x7 with a 43mm offset fit with a 20mm spacer?
                          effective offset 23 - beautiful on a 7" wheel.
                          Jay

Comment

17x8's with an et40 w/ 25mm spacers. In search for rubber.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
                              effective offset 23 - beautiful on a 7" wheel.
                              Interesting.

Comment

you have 225/40-17's in bold that they are common. Only Nitto makes them and they are uber rare as is. 235/40-17 is much more plentiful with a couple dozen options. Anyone running 235's?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X