• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ That's pretty cool!
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Maintenance records added to first post, bump. Motivated seller.

Comment

Great buy here, this is the time to pick-up an IX! Do you know if the rear subframe has been down to address diff, subframe, and trailing arm bushings? Also, can you confirm the shock/strut and spring setup?

Comment

I have no knowledge of rear bushing replacement, I first bought the car with 208k. The swaybar endlinks and mounts were more recently done. The shocks are all Bilstein HD with newer mounts. The diff hasn’t been rebuilt that I know of but has had regular fluid changes over the years. Never has had a reason for rebuild. All stock springs. Have tried to keep it mostly the way the West Germans built it in ‘89 of course with as many rare OEM parts as possible.

Comment

Bump and price drop. Now down to $7000 obo. I'll keep dropping the price $500 at a time as "the Vintage" gets closer, want to get the car sold by that weekend and motivated to get it done. Buy the car and enjoy a great event on my dime.

Comment

Bump and price drop, $6500. Will keep inching it down as the Vintage approaches.

Bought new seats for my e30 coupe touring and need the iX to go so I can continue with the build:

Last edited by danielmp; 04-15-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Sell me the glass moonroof? :)

Bump for a good guy.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Thanks Austin, if the moonroof doesn’t stay with the car then it’s going on my touring - I took the MHWs for the touring but was planning to leave everything else with the iX.

At this rate starting to wonder if this car will ever sell. Lots of people message me and ask if it’s still for sale and profess their interest then disappear. Still not a single prospective buyer has showed up to look at it. I don’t get it. Someone take this deal and run.

Comment

I’m one of those people that messaged you and professed interest and then disappeared potstir

For me, the reasons I’m on the fence are (in order of importance):

1-sedan
                    2-high mileage
                    3-distance
                    4-rust

Not sure about other peeps that bailed on you but those are my reasons. This is an undoubtably nice ix with cool mods and great history/service records, and as that price continues to drop, I keep trying to talk myself out of going to Asheville!
                    89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
                    1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Cool of you to own up Andy.

I hear you on the sedan thing but it has coupe sport heated seats and it’s easier to throw things in the back seat when there’s a door there.

The mileage is high yes but maintenance history is there including top end rebuild and transfer case. Motor and drivetrain is healthy, paint is good, interior is very nice. As most know maintenance is more important than mileage with these cars.

I can’t do anything about the distance.

There is a small amount of rust but good luck finding an iX that has less or has equivalent original paint.

Thanks to all for your interest even if you all disappear, one of you will eventually be the lucky one to get this car.

Comment

I'm still very interested in the car, and I still check on this post about once every two weeks. I'm just also still away from the US atm.

Comment

Sale pending...

Comment

Originally posted by danielmp View Post
                            Sale pending...
                            Yay for you!
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

what a deal

Now that is a deal; almost made me sell my stroker 320is e21:).
                              Would love to have this car; glad it is going to get sold:)
                              jm

Comment

Yes, I am very surprised it took this long. I feel like I am giving it away but also just ready for one less car and looking to drop all my extra funds into a different e30. Still no one ever came to see the car, out of state buyer committed sight unseen and is taking me up on “the Vintage” offer: fly in for the show, drive home.

Comment

Working...
                                X