Project Overly Ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    Agreed- the fact that it works at all is a big win in my book as this is my first swap ever.

The draw of an ‘01 740i Sport is very strong though.
    When in doubt, get both

Comment

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
      When in doubt, get both

That’s the ideal situation for sure!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Well your the car in your signature has been the most beautiful thing for me to look at while scrolling through posts. A second baby is going to be a handful, certainly. I have a 3 year old and she deserves a large allocation of my time. Two would most certainly give me grey hair. But that's a small price to pay for a family unit as well, especially when it's a place of joy and safety.

Comment

Thanks dude! It almost seems like false advertisement at this point as the photo is from 2010ish and I don't have the wheels anymore

I'm still going back and forth. On one hand I've hard the car for almost 15 years and it's my first car that I've put a lot of effort into. On the other hand it almost never gets driven and most certainly won't see a track for another couple of years.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Would anything else you buy get tracked sooner?

Comment

As much as I would like to, probably not.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

I took the car out yesterday thinking it may be the last time before baby #2 arrives- I got 1/4 mile down the road and it died on me. Immediately prior it kind of bucked and lost all power momentarily, the check engine light flicked on during each instance. When it finally did die, I was able to coast the car into a neighborhood and pull over- tried cranking a few times but no luck. I walked back home and grabbed a gas can. Dumped two gallons into the tank and it started back up. On the way back home I put a mile or so on it and it bucked one more time, only happened under load- it would drive normally under steady driving.

The tank was low and I was on my way to the gas station, but the light wasn't even on! I haven't yet done any further investigation, I'll probably have to wait for a while as we are expecting the baby no later than 3/14.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

You know why that happened right ? Car read this thread, and wanted to teach you a lesson for even thinking about selling her. ;)
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    You know why that happened right ? Car read this thread, and wanted to teach you a lesson for even thinking about selling her. ;)

Welp. Baby #2 will be born today, baby #1 is 16 months old. Gonna be busy for a while.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Baby #2, Oliver, was born about an hour and a half after my last post. It's strange that I haven't posted here in over 14 months now.

The pandemic has given me a chance to work on the car again- with no grandparent help in watching the kids, my wife and I have taken to switching off over weekends to give the other a chance to have some kid free time. I've been spending my time in the garage.

Here's what I've gotten done so far:
                      • replaced heater core valve, using new o-rings
                      • fixed coolant temp gauge wiring- the pins have to be switched in the connector
                      • replaced all fuel pump, fuel level sender seals
                      • replaced all soft fuel lines on tank
                      • replaced fuel filler neck hose
                      In the long-term, I'm not sure what the plans are for this car. I've fallen a bit out of love with it, but, I also haven't really driven it in over a year so...

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

glad to hear you still own the car and are able to mess about with it. don't sell it - you will regret it later on.
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Took it around the block recently, first time it had been out of the garage since five posts above. I forgot how at home I feel in that driver's seat- this was and is my first car (purchased in April 2004) and it just feels right.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

I feel you on the cycle of feeling like selling the E30, and then immediately changing the mind upon driving it. I also have had mine since 2005, and all sorts of trials & tribulations with an engine build, spending years wondering if the car would start or leave me stranded. Thankfully, some free time courtesy of COVID also gave me the chance to sort things out properly, and man I love the car again. Granted, it gets driven a lot less since I have a more reliable and efficient daily now, and adult life duties do call more than they used to, but getting in the E30 and slinging it around is always a reminder of how fun the car is, and of younger (simpler) times lol. We are all turning into old guys it seems.....yay, middle age.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                              Took it around the block recently, first time it had been out of the garage since five posts above. I forgot how at home I feel in that driver's seat- this was and is my first car (purchased in April 2004) and it just feels right.
                              We should get all the norcal m60 cars together I know there are about 5 of us now
                              My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Working...
                              X