• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: Alpine 325iX sedan '89

Located in Asheville, NC.

’89 325iX.

$6500 obo

Free registration to "The Vintage" on May 18 for whoever buys the car. Fly in, enjoy an awesome event with 700 vintage BMWs, drive home.

'89 325iX $7000 obo:

Full album > 100 pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141941...57695454929671

This is a high mileage but extremely well maintained vehicle that is very reliable. The condition of the original Alpine White II paint says a lot about how this car has been cared for. It has been r3v owned since at least 2006. Initially by Karzrtoyz, then by me, then by Nickix, then by me again. Dave karzrtoyz sold it to me in 2007, I was living in Seattle at the time and flew down to LA to pick it up and drove it back up to Seattle, epic road-trip. He had picked it up from a wealthy gentleman in San Fran who had it garaged with his Porsche and Rover and I believe was the original owner. Dave put a lot of the rare euro parts on the car like the moonroof, rear deck screen, headlight wipers, trunk inner liner, etc. I owned the car for 3-4 trouble-free years and then sold it to NickiX who is a master tech at BMW Seattle. It needed front suspension work at the time, he rebuilt the entire suspension and then daily’d it ~30 miles each way for several years. During his ownership his other major jobs were rebuilding the head and installing a brand new transfer case ~70,000 miles ago, rebuilt front and rear axles, etc. He also did the R134 AC conversion just before selling it back to me in addition to a ton of other maintenance, I have a document listing all of the maintenance done and timing. The timing belt is less than 2.5 years old and has well under 10,000 miles on it.

I originally listed this car for $6000 about a year ago with a non-working AWD system. The output shaft splines on the 70,000 mile transfer case were stripped out, I have now fixed that with installation of a known good used lower mileage transfer case. The failed case is included in the sale and internals should be good just with the failed splines (Pics of the old and "new" transfer case/driveshaft splines are included in the album). The other smaller issues are the tach is not working (SI board I assume), one rear window is stuck, and the moonroof sticks some. Everything else works including the AC which is R134 converted and the cruise control. The original Alpine II paint is in great condition, the leather is very nice, the heated seats are perfect for winter mornings, the moonroof is a great rare option, the euro smoked smilies with HIDs are awesome, the fogs are new, the car really looks and drives amazing for 297,000 miles, no one who sees the car can believe the paint and overall condition given the mileage. There is a rust spot on the rear valence which is shown in the picture link. I bought it back from Nick 2.5 years ago for $11.5k and have put less than 10,000 miles on the car since my ownership. I may have overpaid a little for nostalgia purposes but it was the car I always wanted back. I’m just looking to make this easy now. Tires are near the end of their life and will be replaced with new ones shortly. I will get a jack-test video together when I have time but in the meantime I can tell you with no qualms that the AWD system is working.

Here is the maintenance document NickiX sent me when I bought the car back:

Since then (289,xxx miles) I've replaced the brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, transfer case/front driveshaft as detailed above, regular fluid changes, and muffler with an Ireland Engineering stainless one. The car now sits at 297,xxx miles.
    Last edited by danielmp; 04-15-2019, 07:00 PM. Reason: Price drop

Great price, GLWS.

Comment

I’ll continue to guarantee that the first person to come check the car out will drive away in it. I have owned many various e30s since the year 2000, this one was always my favorite. Would love to see this one end up back in the PNW or in the Rockies. Just time to move on for me, will continue to drop the price slowly the longer I hang onto it.
      Last edited by danielmp; 03-28-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Is this still available?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawwsho View Post
          Is this still available?

Potentially yes.

The AWD is now working, transfer case splines were stripped out and was replaced with a known good used transfer case.

PM me if you are interested and would like to discuss. Would start negotiations at $8000 since the main issue with the car at the time of listing is now corrected.

Comment

is this still available? have been looking at this for a while

Comment

Originally posted by danielmp View Post
              Potentially yes

PM me if you are interested and would like to discuss. Would start negotiations at $8000 since the main issue with the car at the time of listing is now corrected.

Comment

I bought an iX a year ago that didn't have AWD working either. On mine the front diff. was completely stripped, but it was a cheap, relatively easy fix. Unfortunately I didn't have the luxury of being told it wasn't working before buying lol.

Great car - I'd buy it right away if I could. GLWS!

Edit: Just realized you fixed the AWD - even better!
                (OO=[][]=OO)

Instagram: @e30_tac

https://www.instagram.com/e30_tac/

Comment

Did this end up selling or is it still available?

Comment

Is this car available? Interested in checking it out.
                    In-Force:
                    1991 325iX - DiamantSchwarz - Metallic
                    1979 Chevrolet Monza 2+2 - Canary Yellow

Retired/Sold:
                    1991 325iX - DiamantSchwarz Metallic
                    2002 325i w/ 235k miles - AlpineWeiß
                    2002 Saab 9-3
                    1972 Fiat 124

Comment

Car is still available but I don't check this much and would be best to PM me if you are interested. As above negotiations would start at $8000 since AWD is fixed. It's a nice car, lots of people seem to want to keep asking if it's still available but no one has yet laid eyes on it. Not in any rush to sell but also don't need it anymore. Come see it and make me an offer.

Comment

Wagon still holds the Polish license plate... interesting. GLWS

Comment

Bump for updated ad and price change.

$8000

Known good transfer case is installed, this car was initially listed with AWD system not working about a year ago, that is all corrected, under 1500 miles have been added in the last year.

Originally posted by oliwer78 View Post
                          Wagon still holds the Polish license plate... interesting. GLWS
                          Good eyes, it's a touring converted to two doors and imported from Poland, finally got the license plates and US title is on the way, eventually will sport an S54...buy my iX and help fund that build :p

Comment

Did you install new tires yet?
                            89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
                            1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Bump. New tires going on this weekend. Price drop to $7500.

I am newly motivated to get this car sold and will keep dropping the price as "The Vintage" approaches on May 18. I have an extra Vintage registration included T-shirt and beer mug for whoever buys the car. Fly in, enjoy the Vintage weekend, drive home.

Comment

Working...
                              X