N20B20 in an E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cory58 View Post
    Sorry - thought you wanted fuel injection, but I missed the 200 hp.
    I do! It's just that doing a swap and going from 90hp to just 130hp, is kinda mehhhh. But I found a nice thread I posted it on M42, the gains are nice, just not that much more than M10, which is super cheaper to find and build.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
      I know it's not a bmw engine but I always thought a Lil ecoboost 4 cyl would do great in these cars.

I know they came in rwd on mustangs too and you can buy kits from Ford to make it run in pretty much anything.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
      Also add to that, I don't live in the US, and in my country Ford is pretty much non-existent. But thanks for the idea, maybe someone reading this might find it helpful.

Comment

A Honda K swap is honestly a great option. I understand wanting to stick with a BMW motor, but the 4-cylinder options are either not that powerful or very expensive/difficult to do. There are better BMW options in the 6 and 8 cylinder varieties, but you're stuck with 4.

Lots of people swap K series motors into rear-wheel drive platforms. Check out BoostedBoiz and PFI for some examples, such as Hondaru and lots of S2000s. There's also KMiata. Turbo is the easiest way to make power with them (ebay turbo for 600+ wheel all day), but if you can't go that route, you can still build a 300HP NA K20 pretty reasonably. The downside is that not as many people swap them into e30s so there's probably going to be a fair amount of custom fab, but it's not like no one's ever done it either.

Comment

Originally posted by cscracker View Post
          A Honda K swap is honestly a great option. I understand wanting to stick with a BMW motor, but the 4-cylinder options are either not that powerful or very expensive/difficult to do. There are better BMW options in the 6 and 8 cylinder varieties, but you're stuck with 4.

Lots of people swap K series motors into rear-wheel drive platforms. Check out BoostedBoiz and PFI for some examples, such as Hondaru and lots of S2000s. There's also KMiata. Turbo is the easiest way to make power with them (ebay turbo for 600+ wheel all day), but if you can't go that route, you can still build a 300HP NA K20 pretty reasonably. The downside is that not as many people swap them into e30s so there's probably going to be a fair amount of custom fab, but it's not like no one's ever done it either.
          Forgive me but I'm a little confused, I think I'm missing the point here.
          So you know I'd rather keep it BMW, and you're saying Honda is all good and everything but it will also be difficult and custom fab is required and so on?
          So do you have BMW recommendations? Or Honda?
          I'm confused

Comment

Originally posted by hozzziii View Post
            Forgive me but I'm a little confused, I think I'm missing the point here.
            So you know I'd rather keep it BMW, and you're saying Honda is all good and everything but it will also be difficult and custom fab is required and so on?
            So do you have BMW recommendations? Or Honda?
            I'm confused
            He's saying that despite your desire to stick with a BMW motor that you should consider going with something else because it's vastly better than the available options from BMW. KMiata is also currently working on a swap kit for the Honda K series.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              He's saying that despite your desire to stick with a BMW motor that you should consider going with something else because it's vastly better than the available options from BMW. KMiata is also currently working on a swap kit for the Honda K series.
              Oh right.
              Honestly I totally agree that Honda inline-4's are great, just looking at the s2000 shows their genius.
              But unfortunately Honda is not very much available here where I live.
              And it would be much cheaper to do the M10 project. Althought Megasquirt and turbo won't be cheap. But the S2000 never came to my country, nor any type R models, so, will be more expensive to bring an engine in. Unfortunate to say the least.

Comment

Gentlemen I found this build on youtube, and under one of his videos, he posted a link to the thread he was doing. Look at this wonderful build! 380 at the wheel??? My God.
                I think I'm going to do this build. Just look at this. Wow

Her kommer en tråd om min 1986 e30 325i. Som er bygd om med m10 turbo motor, og godkjent på biltilsynet! Våler 2015 Bilde fra BMWCCN treff på Vålerbanen sept 2013: Denne, som mange ande e30'er går gjennom årlige oppgraderinger og forbedringer av mange slag. Så jeg kommer til å begynne litt fra st...

Comment

The man started in July 2013 and is still going! Talk about a simple job...
                  He also got a Getrag 420G tranny from an E39 M5, and welded the bellhousing, which seems difficult to say the least.
                  Props to this man, what a job.
                  This isn't a project you would do on your daily car though, looks more like a project car. Hmm, just, wow.

Comment

Working...
                  X