Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 factory options, what do these options mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steve68 View Post

I HAD the window sticker off my 88is, and it had info for the sport suspension, but that car is gone, and I left the all the info when the car was purchased new in the glove box, stupid me,
    What exactly do you want to know about the M Technic suspension?

It came with sport gas shocks, progressive springs and thicker anti-roll bars front and rear.

Comment

Originally posted by SickFinga View Post
      What exactly do you want to know about the M Technic suspension?

It came with sport gas shocks, progressive springs and thicker anti-roll bars front and rear.
      I actually tried to find a part number or details regarding any spring other then the traditional sport IS spring, and no one had any record of such a part number (even BMW Germany).

What is interesting is that what is considered sport in USA has the same part number for m-tech in europe:
      Europe:

NA:

What is also interesting is that were were "Hot climate springs" and "Sweden" springs:

Last edited by noid; 10-29-2015, 12:22 PM.
      Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

For MY1987 325is used M Technic sport suspension, option S704A. From MY1988 BMW switched to Sport suspension, option S226A. That means that something was changed in the suspension package. I don't know exactly what, but it looks like the springs remained unchanged. Most likely newer 325is uses different shocks, but I did not look into it. No other country uses S226A suspension on E30s so it's hard to pinpoint what exactly was changed. ETK also is not a good source. It has mistakes and parts get superseded with different parts.

Originally posted by noid View Post

What is also interesting is that were were "Hot climate springs" and "Sweden" springs:
        Hot Climate version uses a bigger radiator, so it is understandable that a different spring is used. Why Sweden would have it's own spring, I have no idea.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the rear trailing arms were changed a couple of degrees, for the 88 model year,
          88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Originally posted by steve68 View Post
            I'm pretty sure the rear trailing arms were changed a couple of degrees, for the 88 model year,
            I don't think it matters really. S704A option remained in other markets on 325i. S704A includes springs, shocks and anti-roll bars. So that means one or two of those components are different.

Comment

Working...
            X