Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Forum Detectives! I need help finding my old E30!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...then what. What if the current owner doesn't want to sell it.

If a previous owner came knocking on my door looking for their long lost '85 Alpinweiss eta, I take them out to the garage and show the race car. I would sell it to them for what it cost to build another PRO3 car, and then they gotta figure out how to put it back to street car. GLWT..

I've had many cars that I wish I still had or could own again (a certain red, 1966 Chevy II is the first that comes to mind) but so much time has passed, and I am sure the car looks nothing like when I owned it.

It's like your old high school GF, keep the memories, you may not want to see today's reality.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by AllydNYC View Post
      So in order to find the owner of a car you need to hire a private investigator? If you don't mind me asking, how much does that run?

Are you going to hire a PI again find the current owner?
      I'm not sure if you absolutely have to do that, but if the DMV gives me problems I will go that route. I think it runs a little more than $100, but I could be wrong. They have access to all sorts of databases that us regular folks don't so they may can help.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
        ...then what. What if the current owner doesn't want to sell it.

If a previous owner came knocking on my door looking for their long lost '85 Alpinweiss eta, I take them out to the garage and show the race car. I would sell it to them for what it cost to build another PRO3 car, and then they gotta figure out how to put it back to street car. GLWT..

I've had many cars that I wish I still had or could own again (a certain red, 1966 Chevy II is the first that comes to mind) but so much time has passed, and I am sure the car looks nothing like when I owned it.

It's like your old high school GF, keep the memories, you may not want to see today's reality.
        To be honest I have run through that scenario before deciding to pull the trigger on my search. It's just one of those things that I would like to know.

Once I have a resolution to its story then I can go ahead and move on with my search for another e30. If by some stretch of the imagination it all works out in the end and I'm able to get my old car back, it was worth it. If not, it was still worth trying.

Comment

Working...
        X