Introduction- Newbie & 325es value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice car for sure. $5k ish.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

This is a nice car. If you were going to sell it expect to hold on to it for a long time before finding a buyer. I would keep it.

You can't really put a dollar amount on a car like that because it's not that desirable, though it looks to be in excellent shape. The two contradict. I like the '86 es quite a bit for a number of reasons and I feel yours is worth at least 5k to the right buyer, but it's still a lot to pay for a non-desirable 30 year old slow ass bmw

Plus as soon as you add anything such as a chip or even basketweave wheels, you lose the originality of the car. And anyone buying the car would be paying a premium for its originality, so the sale value of the car is once again a contradiction.

I would keep it and drive it and figure out how much it means to you

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Ethreeoh View Post
        Really? Because it's an e. What's an is?
        325eS came out in 86-87 and is the sport edition of the 325e (121HP). 325iS came out in 87 and is the sport edition 325i (168HP). The 325i has always been more desirable but nowadays it's more about condition of the car as HP is easily obtained by engine swaps and/or turbo. Your car's exceptional condition and originality is what it has going for it. What someone would be willing to pay is tough. There was a Henna 84 that sold for $6k which is pretty strong for that car. Then again, Henna is a rare and desirable color. My estimate was $5k but in reality you could probably hold out for more. Time capsules are hard to come by.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
        X