My beautiful 1992 BMW 325ic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aegul44 View Post
    ^^^ This guy clearly has no idea about market value.

As of owner of e30 vert, let me give you some inputs.
    Bads.
    OBC is not a big deal. (Cheap Fix)
    Automatic top issue (Decreases the value due to being manual but stills gets the job done. sounds fair.)
    As other guys mentioned seats done poorly don't match with interior panels. (Not a huge problem but loses value)

Good
    Late model with plastic bumpers
    Heated seats.
    Paint looks great (atleast in pics)
    Crack free dashboard
    Clean engine bay.

Overal if car doesn't have any leaks, its worth 6k for that condition. Manuals worth around 7k. Your biggest challenge is to find buyer for automatic e30. I am sure there are people out there who are looking for classic vert with automatic tranny. Its not impossible but harder then selling 5-speed.

Wait for summer time if you want to get around atleast 6k for it. good luck
    Thank God you arrived. /thread

I own one, too. It does not make you a professional in knowing what one person may pay for it. Clearly location is a big determining factor (I thought in Texas everyone drove a truck on 35s?). OP came looking for input. If you have a crystal ball,by all means share the future with us and name the price it will sell for, how long it will be on the market. While you are at it, let us know the MegaBall. Me and r3v can split a few hundred million.

Being a professional and all.. how many E30 MT appearance packages came with manual?

To a collector I see it as the MTech body kit. Nothing else on the car is special. To a guy just looking for a vert, he won't care to spend an extra 3 grand by your accounting for a body kit. OP should keep if finances allow and do it up right.. place the car on the registry and restore the MTech.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

I never mentioned that I am professional nor I have crystal ball where I can determine the future. Everyone in here knows that car worth more than 3.5k. As you mentioned he asked for input so I gave him one.

for your S770A appareance package question click here . Where you can see more details about production numbers. You probably know the site since you have been around here before me.

So my real question is that you know the mtech kit increases the value and you still tell him to post it for 3.5k. I would be pleased to learn why in the world he should do that ?

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
      Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

For the reasons I stated. It is to a collector a kit needing a lot of work to make it back to former glory. The guy looking for a vert, he could get a Chrysler lebaron or miata or whatever he has the money for and no body kit is going to make him pay more...he wants a vert. That is my reasoning.

Also like I said earlier, folks are trying to sell if their low mileage SLK... 2008ish... Even the dealer is back stepping.. What will he do with a convertible no matter how clean it is given the season upon us. Location.
        ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Where you guys getting that this is an mtech car? I dont see any mtech kit on it... Op 5 spd swap it put mtech kit on it and then sell.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

My beautiful 1992 BMW 325ic

Whether or not this car is an mtech (didn't really look at pics) The dude who doesn't want the mtech shouldn't be looking at the one with the mtech because he doesn't give a shit, and isn't willing to pony up the extra cash. That doesn't mean OP should list it for less because "most" people aren't willing to pay that. That really makes no sense. "I have a $20,000 e30, but most people only will pay $2,000 for an e30 so I'm gonna list it for $2,000!"

If you need to sell it, then take what you can but if you don't need to then sit on it until you find the enthusiast who really wants that car, not a normal miata or whatever it may be.
            BMW tech
            Umass Amherst
            05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post

Better pictures would help but I'd list for 3500. Not quite the best timing for such a sale.
              Seriously? You probably think your ACS shift knob is worth $2,000. OP, looks great. GLWS.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                For the reasons I stated. It is to a collector a kit needing a lot of work to make it back to former glory. The guy looking for a vert, he could get a Chrysler lebaron or miata or whatever he has the money for and no body kit is going to make him pay more...he wants a vert. That is my reasoning.

Also like I said earlier, folks are trying to sell if their low mileage SLK... 2008ish... Even the dealer is back stepping.. What will he do with a convertible no matter how clean it is given the season upon us. Location.
                come on mate, nobody is going to buy lebaron instead of e30. Maybe miata but still slow car. People like me who are in the market for e30 will not get something else because it's cheaper. E30 is E30 its not about the body kit.

We all agree that he should keep the car and sell it during summer time for greater profit. so main point is that no matter how cold is outside in OP location that car still worth more than 3.5k.

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
                Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Thanks guys

Thank you guys for all your thoughts. I have decided I will park it away for atleast 10 years from tomorrow. Maybe wake her up once a while. I love the car (Not as much as my 2002 yet) but I love it enough because I hardly see another on the road any more!
                  I just hope people stop treating them like Honda civics and appreciate them for what they are and they are really great cars! I will never understand this Mtech crap, nor will I understand the hype over automatic vs manual. Yes, a manual M20 is more fun but it's not worth to do a swap for the increase in value or even to drive around with! As far as I am concerned a stock e30 Manual or auto can be outrun easily by a modern time Toyota Camry. So, why waste all that effort trying to create something that cant even go zero to Camry when you can just enjoy it the way it is.
                  Happy motoring my friends and enjoy these cool cars while we can still afford them at dirt cheap.

Comment

Camry vs E30

Choose from thousands of cars to easily compare 0-60 and quarter mile performance stats side-by-side. Get started now!

Comment

Working...
                    X