need your thoughts on this e34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need your thoughts on this e34

Notice how the front passenger wheel doesn't look centered in the wheel well; is it more likely that the front end was tweaked, or that there's a worn suspension or that something wasn't properly replaced? Seller says it has all new suspension...
    My Feedback

might be the angle of the shot. its hard to really tell in the pics.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

114mm isn't an e34 bolt diameter. The thing you have to look for in an e34 is worn ball joints that cause a shimmy at 50 mph. If you put the brakes on at 5mph and hear a clunk or feel things shift, you likely have a bad ball joint. The front suspension is different than an e30, no Rack and Pinion and the lower control arms are two rather than one. I suspect those wheels have a bit different offset than stock. My e34 535i is lowered on H&R springs with Koni adjustables and this one looks to be sitting quite a bit higher. All in all a pretty clean car. Don't expect radical performance out of it. You have to go to a 535 or 540 to get the tank to move.

Comment

Thats top dollar on that car, for sure...and I seriously doubt a set of Arrows are worth 1500, even NIB...add to that the lack of a 3rd pedal, and manual swaps are not anywhere near as easy as E30...but that is my favorite color combo, same as my own E34 project.

Its really pretty tho, a little more drop, a decent stereom source some 5 speed swap parts and you are all set....well, after you replace the entire suspension again...

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Hawaii sticker and now lives in Grand Rapids, MI. Run away from that rust bucket.
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Thats super pricey.
            autos are a ticking time bomb
            for the wheel being back to far,

my touring had kinda the same problem when i bought my touring, my control arms where the wrong ones, I'd put money on that they have the correct control arms but they have them in the wrong hole on the sub-frame, there is another bolt hole on the sub-frame next to the mounting hole
            WTB:m60b40 in PNW
            Zachary Ripley

85 318i M50B25tu.
            92 525it 5 speed.
            80 244gl (m60 prepping).

Comment

Tried emailing the guy and he seems like a real prick so i'm forgetting it. Could easily find something else nice with a $4500 budget, but i just love e34s and wanted to start with as nice of one as I could.
              My Feedback

Comment

I'd go for an e36 325is and make it nice.

Comment

Working...
                X