Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about this 15x8 et0 in the front and 15x10 et19 in the rear.
    I was thinking 214/40 for the front. Not sure on the rear.

Suspension is IE3's and Bill sports.

Comment

Originally posted by cheades View Post
      I will measure the 225 RS2's I got, they are actually wider than the 225 RA1's (helped being on the 8" wheels though).

You going to do the IRDC track day in Bremerton on the 28th?
      Thanks!

no, lol, the chances of me being allowed to drive all the way to bremerton are pretty nill. Plus I'm prepping for three track days at mission starting in may. I've got just about everything sorted except for an oil leak (that I just figured out the source of) and what pads to run.

And I need to pay you, is there sometime during the week we could meet up?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The Bremerton day is only $80 though, by far the best bang for the buck. They also will let anyone with a helmet ride with, so if your wife wants to try a ride its the perfect time.

I am around all weekend if you make it down south, not sure when I will be up besides at work.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJ85 View Post
          Don't really want to search through 141 pages for the answer to this simple question:

Will 13" wheels fit around the stock e30 disc brakes?
          Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
            So 235/40/17 would be a better rear option than 245/35 despite the diameter difference? Also, would 235/40 be horribly goofy on a 7.5" wheel in front? I have a set of yoko track tires kicking around my shop and I'm thinking about picking up the staggered SSR GT reps from Eurostop to stick them on.
            245/35/17 is a better fit, but there are so few tires available and they are so expensive that the downsides outweigh the benefit.

235/40 is fine on a 7.5", that was what the '95 M3 came with stock. I auto-x'd on that setup, and cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer630 View Post
              ARe 235/45/r17's too tall for an E30 with h&r sport springs (i think that makes like a 1.5-2" drop) ???
              I wanna run 17" wheels with my 5 lug swap and i have a stack of 235/45/17 tires in the garage from my volkswagen which i would like to use but I have only seen guys running 235/40's on an E30.
              Much too tall. Even the 235/40 is oversized, but it can just barely be made to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Detlman View Post
                sorry if its been posted already but 141 pages is alot to look through :)

I have an 89 325i and am looking at a 15/8 et20 wheel and was wondering if it will fit properly with a 225/50/15 tire. I will be running h&r race with bilstien sports. fenders have not been rolled. Will I need spaced, will I need to roll fenders or will they fit? Or should I just get a 15/7 and a 215/50/15 ?

Thanks in advance!
                You will definitely have to roll the fenders, and more than just a little bit. That's a fairly aggressive fitment.

You could also run a 15x7 with the 225, which would be a lot easier to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  no, not unless you run massive spacers that pushed the wheels away from the brakes.

I've got one - I'm running 235/50-15 R888s on 15x7.5" wheels (I think ET34??). I love the look/feel and I'd like something with a similar diameter/width in a street tire, but I don't know if anything exists, especially since the R888 looks to be quite a bit wider than a standard 235 street tire (makes the 235's on the front of my friends E36 look like pizza cutters). I'd probably run them on a 15x8 (if I can sell my euroweaves).

And here I thought I'd never fit anything wider than a 225 on my car :)
                  No such street tire, unfortunately. The 225/50 R-S2 is the closest for now, and it's replacement, the R-S3 (with which they are claiming 30% dry traction increase), is also slated to come in that size.

Comment

Originally posted by e30this View Post
                    What about this 15x8 et0 in the front and 15x10 et19 in the rear.
                    I was thinking 214/40 for the front. Not sure on the rear.

Suspension is IE3's and Bill sports.
                    That's a new one.

I have no idea what kind of Eur-ho tire sizes there are for a 15" in that width. A 225/40/15 would mount easily, but you'll have to see if they exist.

The rears also have a strong chance of needing spacers. As for how much I honestly don't know, I'd never helped anyone with super-wide 15s before.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal View Post
                      No such street tire, unfortunately. The 225/50 R-S2 is the closest for now, and it's replacement, the R-S3 (with which they are claiming 30% dry traction increase), is also slated to come in that size.
                      well that doesn't sound horrible, the RS-2 was a pretty good price/performance tire.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        well that doesn't sound horrible, the RS-2 was a pretty good price/performance tire.
                        I agree. I didn't like some aspects about them, but for the money their dry performance was impressive. I'm still running them in 225 on my RZs.

Comment

just fit 225/50/16's re-01r's on et20 16x8 rota slipstreams with h&r race springs and billy sports... I just tossed them on with the previous modest roll.... I get a bit of rubbing at lock which is mostly my brake ducts and thats it... i plan on doing a more thorough roll on all the fenders... then everything should be good

Comment

Fitment for 215/40 R17 ET35: I know I'll need spacers, but how much spacer? 10mm? Is it hard to find a true hubcentric spacer at that size? '91 body, lowered w/ H&R sports and Bilstein Sports.

Thank you!

Comment

Wow, 142 pages...I'm not gonna search; What about Style 5's, 17x8, 20et. I'm going to have them filled & re-drilled to 4x100. Would a 225 or 215/40-17 work?

Comment

Jay, can you help me out with this one? I'm going to be getting a staggered set of Kosei K1's. 15x7 ET17 in the front, and 15x8 ET12 in the rear. What would be the best tire size to run?

My front fenders are rolled, and the rears will be soon. I'd like to have good meat on them, since they're going to be autocrossed on, but I don't want to have balloon-looking tires, either. Also keep in mind that I have early rear arches, and they will be rolled.

Comment

Working...
                                X