1988 325i coupe with s54 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 325i coupe with s54 swap

hi guys just want share my pride and joy...

love the car to bits even when it gives me hell!

its had a few motors in the past started with an m20b25 that was standard in the car then a m20b26 stroker then m20b28 stroker with itb's that was the end for 12 valves for me next was m50b25 single vanos with standard e36 management, this one was in there for some time until the bug bit for more power and finally its got a s54 now still sorting it out, getting there slowly but surely :D at the moment money is the main problem so will get there in time I guess.
    Attached Files

Looks amazing! Love the stripe.
    Did you have the trumpets made?
    1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
    1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
    1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

thanks a lot for the compliment, the trumpets are actually from the original s54 air box.
      they are really a pain in the ass to get out as they are glued in, had to cut apart the whole box to get them out. I had a spare one so didn,t really care.

Comment

looking sweet!!
        “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
        ― Jeremy Clarkson
        Euro 318is M50 build thread

Comment

that's awesome! would have really like to see the build.

Comment

Stunning car,, and combo !!!
            Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
            ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
            E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

thanks for all the compliments guys I appreciate. I do have some build pics will post them up as soon as I have a little more time.

this specific motor is giving me a headache it runs perfectly well up to about 5500rpm then smokes like a bitch, I can't really get my head around it why only at high rpm? so still struggling with that most probably I will have to overhaul the motor then on the last leg to get the management sorted properly on a dyno. I know what u are thinking and no the smoking is not over fueling the smoke is blue.

at start up no smoke whatsoever, no smoke driving normally only at high rpm it really baffles me. but I'm a guy with lots of hope;) I will sort her eventually.

Comment

check out the m54 EGR videos on bavauto.com sounds like something is over performing in the EGR system.

Comment

The EGR is completely blocked off I don't see how that can be a problem, although I might be wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                  Attached Files

Comment

that's fucking siiick
                    1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                    1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                    E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Or you might be building extra crank case pressure that needs to go some where if you blocked off the EGR system. This might show up at only high RPM levels. Race motors have a number of interesting ways of dealing with the issue.

Comment

Sweet swap man but that strut bar looks pretty flimsy! I'd invest in something that is a bit more robust.
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

thanks for the replies guys, I will look into the EGR valve just in case.

yeah the strut bar does kinda suck but not too concerned as I will put some neat stuff on my other e30 build but will get to that one as soon as this motor is running well

Comment

I really like that stripe even though its a purist's nightmare!

Nice car mate

Comment

She looks fantastic
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X