Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow. that sux. what does bat say about all this?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

In this situation does BAT go to the next highest bidder to see if they are interested? I feel like there needs to be some sort of financial penalty to flakey bidders.
      Steve • Toronto
      1991 318is • Brillantrot
      Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        So, I'm dealing with a non paying buyer. Very pissed, to say the least.

If anyone wants a really nice car, that just got a full R134 AC conversion, let me know. I need this car out of my life.
        That sucks to hear man.

Good luck with whatever comes next.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

BAT banned the winning buyer for failing to hold up his end of the agreement. Second bidder in line ended up passing on it as well, due to budget constraints. I'm more annoyed than anything (not with the second bidder by any means, I really hoped that it was going to work out with him) and have no interest in owning this very nice car anymore.

I guess expect to see a fire sale ad here soon...
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Thats a shame.

The nicest non-stock E30 to come across that stupid site gets stiffed.
            How is that even possible?
            To what brain fade did the deadbeat buyer blame his non-payment?
            Jimmy P.
            87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
            88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
            88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
            92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
            98 318Ti Morea Green
            04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

The problem with re-listing the car there is you get all the assholes from the peanut gallery commenting and speculating why the car didn't sell to the first buyer, accusing it of being a piece of shit, etc...which it isn't and I simply do not ever want to go through this hassle again. I will never use BAT to sell a car again. There is nothing in place to legally bind either party to hold up their end of the deal (which I didn't realize til after the fact) and that does not work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                Thats a shame.

The nicest non-stock E30 to come across that stupid site gets stiffed.
                How is that even possible?
                To what brain fade did the deadbeat buyer blame his non-payment?
                To make a long story short, he delayed coming out a number of times, but meanwhile, had me make a few suspension modifications, install air conditioning. We planned for him to come out to verify that the item he purchased was as described on a particular date. He never showed. I sent a polite but strongly worded email explaining that I wanted this car out of my possession by the end of the month. Three days later, he mails me back and says he was going to pass and that he wanted his deposit back. Yeah, fuck you, not after I did all this extra stuff and rearranged my entire week for your flaky ass.

Comment

Holy crap, I cannot believe after that flake he had the balls to ask for his deposit back!
                  What a douche.
                  I wish you well selling it.
                  If I were in the market for another E30,,, and had the room,,, yours is maybe the only swapped car I would consider owning.
                  You did a beautiful job on it.

I have said it time and time again,,, there is no force in heaven or on earth that would ever make me sell a car on that stupid site.
                  They do get some nice cars and I do like looking at them each AM, but their model and the sometimes sabotage ridden commentary is just f*cked.
                  Jimmy P.
                  87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
                  88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
                  88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
                  92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
                  98 318Ti Morea Green
                  04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

BaT needs to do a better of job of protecting the sellers from flakes... thats terrible. banning them really doesnt address the issue.

On the bright side, the addition of A/C should get more people interested.
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      To make a long story short, he delayed coming out a number of times, but meanwhile, had me make a few suspension modifications, install air conditioning. We planned for him to come out to verify that the item he purchased was as described on a particular date. He never showed. I sent a polite but strongly worded email explaining that I wanted this car out of my possession by the end of the month. Three days later, he mails me back and says he was going to pass and that he wanted his deposit back. Yeah, fuck you, not after I did all this extra stuff and rearranged my entire week for your flaky ass.
                      Sorry to hear this go down on such a beauty. That's messed up he asked for extra stuff to be done, flaked out and asked for deposit back....what a chowder head

Comment

Did he also pay for the work completed? Was it clear that the deposit was non-refundable?
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

BAT can and should do better in helping buyers get something out of a non sale! This is a well built car and it really sucks that this happened! I truly hope that you get what you deserve for it and it finds a good home!
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                            BAT can and should do better in helping buyers get something out of a non sale! This is a well built car and it really sucks that this happened! I truly hope that you get what you deserve for it and it finds a good home!
                            Seems like they are starting to follow the "Uber model" and just do as much as possible without taking a step back to review and improve processes.

Get as many cars listed as possible, get the sales done and move on seems to be their motto.
                            Steve • Toronto
                            1991 318is • Brillantrot
                            Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                              Seems like they are starting to follow the "Uber model" and just do as much as possible without taking a step back to review and improve processes.

Get as many cars listed as possible, get the sales done and move on seems to be their motto.

That’s very unfortunate! I would expect more from a company by enthusiasts for enthusiast.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                              IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Again, it was another buyer who joined January 2018..

At least with eBay, you can cancel bids if they seem sketchy or the person has ZERO history. BAT needs to better vet bidders - this isn't the first time it's happened, and sure its a smaller number, but they also are so flooding their pages with auction, it's going to appear to be a smaller issue. But when it's someone like Austin (single private seller) it burns their image. And he's going to tell 5 people, who'll tell 5 people... Sales 101.
                                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                                2016 Ford Flex
                                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Working...
                                X