No announcement yet.

The Grand Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys watch Fear TWD? Started slow through the first half of season 2, but picked up after that. Season 3 was better than original TWD has been for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
      Not much to report on the second season.

I still watch it, but very few segments truly ignite the car guy in me.

The Mozambique episode didn't feel genuine to me. I feel like the focus was too much on making the challenge ridiculous, and not enough about their connections to the car itself.
      I've actually been more compelled by season 2 than season 1 big time. I was ready to call it quits until the new one seems to have more magic to it
      Originally posted by blunt
      can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
        I've actually been more compelled by season 2 than season 1 big time. I was ready to call it quits until the new one seems to have more magic to it
        I will 2ed this
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

+3

First season seemed to try too hard to be something it wasn't. Second is a return to what made them famous.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I'm guessing they have to have the racing driver utter some words before taking the cars around the track to avoid being too similar to the Stig, but couldn't they have her say something constructive or talk about the car instead of making an annoying quip like a video game character makes upon being selected?

Agreed though, this is better than last season. And the constant prodding they're giving Hammond is still funny. I got some real laughs out of farmkhana.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 1-26

Comment

Clarkson and the daily mail have been at odds for some time now. His first tweet is sarcastic and the follow up is pointing out that the daily mail publishes defaming tabloid articles and that justice has been served in the form of poetic irony

I stopped watching the walking dead like 4 years ago and haven't looked back. It's AMC stretching every little bit they can out of the series; I'm surprised Breaking Bad isn't still on air... oh wait, there's better call saul, which, while charming, does seem to have the same tension points every episode.

I liked the American driver from the first series. I don't think very many people understood that it was a joke. Clarkson et al always poked fun at americans for being simple minded and gauche. Allowing the driver to be American and disapprove of european cars was a way of giving "Americans" a chance to have a go at europe while still playing into the initial premise of the simple nature of Americans and their cars, be it a '69 Chevelle SS that doesn't handle or a new Corvette whose interior is made of shitty plastic. Have you ever noticed anytime they compare an american car with a V8 to an M5 the bmw is always heralded as having superior build quality? Those are shots actually worth responding to, in the form of GM deciding to build a better car. The American's scripting is just an elaborate form of satire... they're all writers, after all.

I wouldn't doubt if the new driver's lack of input is in some way the writers deciding to focus more on the rest of the show and not devote time to a section proven (by the stig) to be perfectly fine without commentary in the first place

I also miss the specials. Vietnam is my favorite, followed by the Bolivia special where they all had 4x4's. James' w123 being cut in half in the most recent Africa special was a sad moment and had gave me the distinct impression they definitively aren't trying as hard now. Same with his fire truck Lada, although I did feel like that car was perfectly fitting for James' character.
              Last edited by Das Delfin; 03-13-2018, 08:27 PM.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                I also miss the specials. Vietnam is my favorite, followed by the Bolivia special where they all had 4x4's.
                My thoughts exactly! Although, the north pole was my favorite, or anytime they cross a continent is epic. Not just for the huge challenge it is, but the cinematography. The Sand rails was a low budget version of that, and come on Amazon, kick it up a notch!
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

The end of the fire truck episode was funny with the water bomber.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I gave up on the show season 1 episode 2

Comment

Originally posted by Mediumrarechicken View Post
                      I gave up on the show season 1 episode 2

You had go get further on that. It got much better. Hell i watched the first season twice.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        You had go get further on that. It got much better. Hell i watched the first season twice.
                        All of this.
                        Originally posted by kronus
                        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Just finished watching the Colombia special... I kinda want a Jeep now... and also a Fiat Panda :rofl:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Just finished watching the Colombia special... I kinda want a Jeep now... and also a Fiat Panda :rofl:
                            I need to unload my e30 and get an expedition vehicle. I'm missing out by having a low shinny car.
                            Much wow
                            I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                              I need to unload my e30 and get an expedition vehicle. I'm missing out by having a low shinny car.

Yea having a shinny show car makes it difficult for off-road shenanigans. I want to build a trophy truck so bad.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Hopefully there are more specials this season. Colombia special was good but man I lost respect for Colombians now. I searched it and it is true

Comment

Working...
                                X