No announcement yet.

Fuse 21 constantly blowing...any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to think its my fuse box. Fuse 21 holder is melted pretty bad. Is there a way to splice a standalone fuse holder in its place or would it be better to bite the bullet and pay for a new fuse box?

Comment

Originally posted by ibatic1 View Post
      Starting to think its my fuse box. Fuse 21 holder is melted pretty bad. Is there a way to splice a standalone fuse holder in its place or would it be better to bite the bullet and pay for a new fuse box?
      Are you 100% sure you rewired everything in the trunk back together correctly? First thing I would do is undo the wiring you did, tape everything up so there are no shorts and try see if the fuse will not blow with the trunk open.

You should theoretically be able to wire an inline fuse holder between the two connections for Fuse 21 from under the fuse box without replacing the entire thing. Run the holder and wiring up top so it's easily accessible and label it so if there is a next owner, he doesn't lose his mind trying to figure out where 21 went.

But sounds like you have a dead short and you need to find that before doing anything else.
      Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Update. Still haven't found the issue. Pulled the carpet under the driver side chair and fixed about 5 melted wires. Fuse still blows as soon as i put it in. It will blow 15 amp fuses instantly. haven't tried anything bigger. Could it be my fuse box? The slot for fuse 21 is melted pretty bad. Before i buy a new fuse box any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
        X