No announcement yet.

Nat's 88 M3 mini restoration project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The leather was done!! There were a few rips. And the color change? The previous owner had placed the order with Kevin at creative options.

Comment

I'm sick of the shit previous owners hacked on this car.... Just had to vent out! Who can help me with locating or finding for sale sound deadening foam for headliner?

Comment

Originally posted by Nats88M3 View Post
        I'm sick of the shit previous owners hacked on this car.... Just had to vent out!
        I have the same feelings about mine....

Comment

Nice work! Smart move swapping out the tan interior too IMO. That new interior with Red Exterior will look wonderful! I'm partial to the E39 Style 5 Wheels too! That's a nice looking car for sure, and it will only get better in your hands!

John

Comment

Ok after a few months there are some updates... well i bought a new house with a two car garage so i could park the baby in and there has been some good progress on the M3. Pictures are crappy i warned you!!! but i can care less about buying a good camera! So i just used the good old DROID.

Comment

This is what my "headliner" looked like!

Comment

so i found the sound insulation foam at a buddies shop
                [IMG][/IMG]
                Last edited by Nats88M3; 08-08-2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Started with installation of headliner.

[IMG][/IMG]
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  [IMG][/IMG]
                  [IMG][/IMG]

After the headliner i started installing the rear seat and front passenger seat...

[IMG][URL=http://s1304.photobucket.com/user/natgomes82/media/IMG_20140606_145636_007_zpszpu5kwbv.jpg.html][IMG][/IMG]
                  [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Most of those pictures of the headliner were taken while test fitting the fabric and make sure i had enough on all sides. keep in mind that i was doing this all by myself and as some of you might know its not FU*kin easy!! oh all of the A, B, and C pillars were re wrapped with new material.. i'll take pictures of what it came out like. Also installed some Auto Meter gauges because my temp gauge in the cluster had me freaking out at times.

Comment

Looks good.
                      Do you know if the A pillar trim pieces are the same as a regular e30?
                      How'd you wrap the B pillar trim without cracking it?

Comment

I don't think their the same because the headliner panel is different where it meets the A pillar not the same width. I got an headliner panel from a reg E30 because mine needs repairs. And the B pillar...I removed it very carefully....

Comment

Ok, thanks. What did you wrap them in?

Comment

Black vinyl pleather.... Lol looks good though I think!

Comment

Finished my seats today... Have to take better pics of the whole interior!!

[IMG]/URL][/IMG]

Comment

Looking good!
                                Current:
                                1989 325i
                                1988 M3
                                1987 325ic
                                Past:
                                2001 330ci
                                2001 M3

Comment

Working...