Interest in plug and play HID adapters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest in plug and play HID adapters?

I am in the process of swapping from sealed beams to Bosch euro smileys with HIDs. I didn't want to cut stock harness/drill out the stock caps (they don't seem to clear the HID bulbs perfectly) so I designed and made headlight housing caps and I'm in the process of making an adapter for the wiring. I'm just curious if this is something others would be interested in buying as a kit for a plug and play conversion? Can follow up with pictures. Current prototype material is PLA but the production version would be ABS plastic.

Depends if your kit uses a decent quality biXenon projector which is available in RHD fitment.

There are other converters on the market already but LHD only

Comment

There's always interest. Quality and price are always going to be the determining factor.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Now that glucklich21 is all but gone I think there would be a decent market for these.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Don't put HIDs in the stock housings without also converting to HID projectors. The stock projectors are not designed to properly focus the light from an HID bulb and you will have lots of scattered light that will blind other drivers. Just don't do it.

Comment

Working...
          X