No announcement yet.

Tracking an auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes I know about brakes, I'm only worried about the auto. thanks dudes.

Comment

In for video of said experiment, what track are you planning on running it on, and what tires/brakes?
      Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
      Bimmerbuddies LLC
      717-388-1256
      2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
      bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

the people who say you can't track an auto are more than likely the ones who always have an excuse not to show up for an Autox or an HPDE - "I don't have my coilovers yet" - "I need a BBK" - stuff you don't actually need. Basically, they will never do one anyway, the transmission in their car is irrelevant.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          the people who say you can't track an auto are more than likely the ones who always have an excuse not to show up for an Autox or an HPDE - "I don't have my coilovers yet" - "I need a BBK" - stuff you don't actually need. Basically, they will never do one anyway, the transmission in their car is irrelevant.
          I think you can track anything if you have the (no pun intended) drive to do it and improve. It's more sensical if you have a standard, but you can't completely discount autos.
          "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
          The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeE30 View Post
            In for video of said experiment, what track are you planning on running it on, and what tires/brakes?
            well it looks like the cheap event I had an eye on isn't feasible any more so I'm probably gonna call it off. woulda been thunderhill, hp+ and whatever shitty tires I could find. the car on stock suspension is quite fun and balanced on shitty tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              well it looks like the cheap event I had an eye on isn't feasible any more so I'm probably gonna call it off. woulda been thunderhill, hp+ and whatever shitty tires I could find. the car on stock suspension is quite fun and balanced on shitty tires.
              HP+ are scary. I had them fade out on my (it was more like they switched off) last year on the track. I switched to PFC 08 compound and the brakes were rock solid over (3) 40 minute sessions. This was a no-chicane day at PIR where the top velocity in the E30 was 138 on the front straight. At $260 for the entire car from Bimmerworld, I'd highly recommend them.
              sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I've got PF08/11 in the wheee30, I just got some HP+ for free and was going to use them on the stock auto m20 car since I'd be surprised if it hit 100 on the straights at thunderhill.

Comment

Working...
                X