Calling autopower rollcage experts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling autopower rollcage experts.

Hey guys, I just got my rollcage painted after buying it on Craigslist. Unfortunately I never tried to fit it before I got it painted. So now that I'm in the car, I got the main hoop/brace in and right away something's not right. I can get the brace to stand where it's supposed to because it hits my headliner. But also the base plates don't make any sense. They seem to not fit on the rails or in where your feet go in the back seat area. What I need from the lovely members on r3v is for someone to read me the serial code they have on their cage to make sure I indeed have one for an e30. If not I guess I'll sell it but would still be a bummer.

have any pics of the trouble areas?
    sigpic
    The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
    On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Yes pics would help or if you have a serial number why not email auto power?
      IG- nv_e30

Comment

The Autopower cages I've seen just have 4" x 4" flat plates that sit on the floor, and the
        roll bar I had in the 2002 pushed into the headliner a bit on a non- sunroof car.
        I put much bigger plates under it, and reinforced it in a few spots.
        They are by no means the latest word in safety. Not to say they can't
        be installed to PROVIDE a safe cage, it's just that, as shipped, I think they aren't
        that impressive...

So you might, indeed, have the right parts....

They ARE pretty good to deal with- try giving them a call.

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
        X