Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower windshield ducts?

I'm about to goto my first HPDE.

Unfortunately, I'm a better mechanic than a driver so my car is a swapped m52 with gutted interior.

I have removed my heater core box and everything behind the dash (except for engine/body harness/fusebox).

I've noticed at higher speeds that there is quite a bit of airflow in the footwell, which I attribute to no heater box and the vents at the base of the windshield.

My question is: What does everyone do with these vents, as their original purpose has been removed? Duct inside and route to specific locations (i.e. hands,chest, feet?) Blockoff? Vent elsewhere?

Any info is appreciated.

Not a answer but some info

I kept my heater core and air vents hooked up so I could use the vents to defog my windows and it also helps keep engine Temps lower

but I do rally cross so I drive in both the rain, snow and nice weather so I kinda need it don't know where your racing but you may miss it one day. You won't miss it 9 out of 10 track days but that one rainy morning may get you

Comment

What id do is make some ducts to the windshield, and if you kept the vents in the dash just hook too ducts up to those too, then you have the option to have air blowing on you or not just by flipping those little turn wheels.

Having moving air flowing over you in a hot car isnt all that bad ha.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I just taped over mine from the outside.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X