Clear All

1991 bmw m5 $8500

Highlights
    165,000 miles
    Ground Control coilovers
    18" M Par's with Brand New Tires
    Euro bumper trim.
    Shifter rebuilt with short shifter DSSR etc

The time has come to thin out some of my cars. I have an car that I have been trying to buy for a long time and the owner just text me to say he is ready to sell so I have to raise some money.

Bought this one maybe 6 months or so ago as a long term project, I have owned 5 E34 M5's plus around 20 other M cars, this one has been hit in the front and the airbags blown so it was salvage titled, the P.O bought it to part it out but as it was pretty straight with no rust he wanted to put it back on the road. The radiator support, driver fender, and hood were taken from a 1995 5 series so it has the wider grill, they frame checked it and it was straight. He told me he did a lot of maintenance while it was stripped down, he said it had a new clutch, control arms, radiator, etc. I cannot confirm or deny this, he seemed like a straight up guy.

I have rebuilt the shifter with a short shift, DSSR etc. It has a Brand new set of staggered tires, it's always started no problem. The interior is ok, no rips in the seats and the leather is pretty supple, the headliner has been changed out for Alcantara. there are a Brand new set of Ground Control Coil overs, also the car has little to no rust. It's always started first time and drives ok.

The body is a little rough as the paint does not match quiet right, it could use a tune up/valve adjustment, I have rebuilt the throttle bodies on other cars fitting new injectors and it makes them run great this car could benefit from that also.

It's NOT a show car, it's pretty cool and looks OK, my plan was to turbo it sometime in the future and keep the body looking like this and just have a beast of a car that looks like nothing special.

whats with the front passenger door at the bottom?
    6 by david bunch, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalM5 View Post
      whats with the front passenger door at the bottom?
      Earlier e34 had black seals that ran along the bottom of the door while later cars had face lifted color matched trim molding. Its likely the door trim was never swapped over if the door was replaced... op can probably confirm

good project car GLWS

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
      Ig:ryno_pzk
      I like the tuna here.
      Originally posted by lambo
      Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Why was it salvaged?
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
          Earlier e34 had black seals that ran along the bottom of the door while later cars had face lifted color matched trim molding. Its likely the door trim was never swapped over if the door was replaced... op can probably confirm

good project car GLWS

I Do have the door trim its just not on the car, its a simple push on trim. The doors are original and have not been replaced.

The car has a salvage title as it was hit on the drivers side front corner, the hood, fender and front panel (Core support) were changed, it also blew the drivers airbag, i have the airbag parts to replace but have not fitted them, its a good solid car.

Comment

Working...
          X