Mandrel bent pipe questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandrel bent pipe questions

So it is time for a new exhaust and I've spent more time than I care to tally reading about the various options available. I've been converted and will forego on the expensive cat-back systems in favor of the custom (Flowmaster/Magnaflow/etc) route.

Outfits like Summit and Jeg's sell all sorts of tubing in varying configurations and finishes and I was wondering if anyone could provide any guidance on what to buy? Did you guys that have already done this just buy a bunch of random bends of varying radii and cut sections of the angle as needed then weld everything together?

you need to get under yer car and look at whats there. you should be able to visualize what you need from there. i can tell you now, buy the varied length S mandrel bend set from flowmaster and some straight and you should be good. maybe one U...
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I went this route:

Those 180/45 degree combos on ebay are good deals. You can just chop them up to whatever you need. I got away with one for my turbo setup, but two should be plenty.

'88 325is
      VP UT of Austin Autoholics
      BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Thanks. Both posts helpful. I was actually looking at that flowmaster set.

Comment

Working...
        X