Exhaust Questions and Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Questions and Suggestions

So I'm getting a 318is but it needs a new exhaust system. Previous owner drove over a parking lot curb or something and bent it up pretty badly. I'm going to take this opportunity to replace it with something a little more sporty.

My plans:
    -2.25 inch pipe because it give a little better flow and 2.25 exhaust parts are more common. Price unknown

-Magnaflow 94005 Catalytic converter. $67 shipped

-Magnaflow 13235 XL Turbo Muffler. $47 shipped

-Magnaflow 35125 Double wall exhaust tip. $35 shipped

Does anyone know an estimate of what exhaust shops charge for 2.25" pipe and what is an average labor cost for assembling and installing something like this?

I'd like to hear anyone's opinions, comments, or suggestions if they are within reason.

Thanks.

Woo! my first post!

yeah, avoid the magnaflow muffler. go with a borla instead. it will sound better.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      yeah, avoid the magnaflow muffler. go with a borla instead. it will sound better.
      I'm happy with my Magnaflow, but for an I4, I wouldn't know how it would sound.
      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
        I'm not really going for sound, but more for as much performance with the least noise. But I guess I will check into Borla just for comparison. I just feel safe with the design of the magnaflow because it is a common, simple design that works pretty well for performance.

Also bear in mind, this setup isn't going to have a resonator so it will likely be a little louder than normal.

Originally posted by Sean View Post
        I'm happy with my Magnaflow, but for an I4, I wouldn't know how it would sound.
        Yeah, my friend has a magnaflow on his car which is an inline 6 and it sounds pretty good. But comparing a different muffler design and a car with 6 cylinders isn't a very close comparison.
        Last edited by mkodama; 04-01-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X