Anyone know of a website to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know of a website to see

how much dealers buy cars for from a manufacturer?

I just spoke to a salesman and they said they are only making 200 bux on a car I'm looking at.

Thanks,
    Last edited by ACMF74; 08-17-2009, 01:09 PM.

i dont think the general public is allowed to buy direct from the manufacturer..
    Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
    LSx e36TI coming soon
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Every car salesman will use that line. Call another dealer of the same make, request the fleet sales department. Ask them what they would sell the exact same model with the same options.

That is about as close as you are gonna get.

(Did they try the four boxes on a sheet of paper game with you yet?)

Comment

what game is that?

Comment

hahaha! 200 dollars. buy elsewhere or something if theyre feeding you BS that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by John Rocker View Post
            what game is that?

Comment

consumer reports used to have this information available per car (new) for a nominal fee.
              Build Threads:
              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Great site, good info. But none of the photos are working for me. :(

Comment

"Dealer Invoice" is not (usually) what the dealer actually pays. They get different kinds of incentives to knock their costs down. Some are based on sales volume, service awards, parts stocking, customer satisfaction, etc. in an effort to reward the dealer for doing a good job. At least that's how it used to be. All bets are off these days. (though I do think that the $200 line is BS)

Comment

Pics didn't work for me either...

Comment

Uh duh...kbb.com

That will show you invoice...$200 over that is a pretty typical deal nowadays, if not a little high. Make sure that price is BEFORE any rebates or other incentives, ie if there is a $1000 rebate, you should be paying $800 UNDER invoice. Most dealerships will show you the invoice if you ask them...if they won't, take a walk.

Oh, and dealing with the fleet department is always a good bet...or the internet dept (sometimes the same people).
                      92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
                      sigpic

Comment

Unless its a 0 mile car, dealers buy their cars at auctions, so it could be anything they pay. When I was looking at my mk5 I actually typed the vin in google and found the auction they bought it from. They actually did only end up making like $100 on my car. For some reason it just sat on their lot for like 4 months.
                        Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

fuck you mooches. how do you think a business can stay in business without making a profit? for your info, the cheaper the vehicle, the smaller the gap between invoice and MSRP. i sold a 2009 F150 work truck yesterday , $21608 MSRP, invoice was $20880. i lmao at all the "experts" that claim to know "how to buy a car". i include KBB in that statement to, the "invoice" price they show for vehicles is comical, they show the "invoice" on the base price of a vehicle with no options. last one i looked at on KBB, they were off by almost $4000. best way to get a good deal on a vehicle, new or used, at a dealership is to be honest and friendly. as far as the dealer not being willing to show you the invoice on a car...thats retarded. i'll show a customer the invoice on anything we have, but....dont think because i show you the invoice, that you can buy it for invoice. if you're looking at new vehicles $30,000 and under then you should pay MSRP, get up into $40,000+ cars, you should negotiate a deal $1000-2000 below MSRP. if you have any questions about buying from a dealer feel free to PM me.
                          Shoot, move, and communicate...

......Semper Fidelis.....

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post

(Did they try the four boxes on a sheet of paper game with you yet?)
                            four boxes on a sheet of paper game? its called a 4 square, and its not a game or ploy. one box (top left at all the stores ive worked at) is your trade, top right is the prospective purchase price, bottom left is your down payment, bottom right is monthly payment.
                            Shoot, move, and communicate...

......Semper Fidelis.....

Comment

Originally posted by killa325i View Post
                              fuck you mooches. how do you think a business can stay in business without making a profit? for your info, the cheaper the vehicle, the smaller the gap between invoice and MSRP. i sold a 2009 F150 work truck yesterday , $21608 MSRP, invoice was $20880. i lmao at all the "experts" that claim to know "how to buy a car". i include KBB in that statement to, the "invoice" price they show for vehicles is comical, they show the "invoice" on the base price of a vehicle with no options. last one i looked at on KBB, they were off by almost $4000. best way to get a good deal on a vehicle, new or used, at a dealership is to be honest and friendly. as far as the dealer not being willing to show you the invoice on a car...thats retarded. i'll show a customer the invoice on anything we have, but....dont think because i show you the invoice, that you can buy it for invoice. if you're looking at new vehicles $30,000 and under then you should pay MSRP, get up into $40,000+ cars, you should negotiate a deal $1000-2000 below MSRP. if you have any questions about buying from a dealer feel free to PM me.
                              Dude, what fucking planet do you live on?

Pay MSRP for a vehicle $30k and under?

Go shine your white patent leather shoes.

Comment

Working...
                              X