No announcement yet.

ZR1 Chases Lambo LP670-4 SV around Millbrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the spaghetti can had the advantage on that course ..... anytime the piggy could get any wind in its sails it was time to shut it down ...by the time he'd recover the lambo was leaving him. no doubt that the vette has legs but on a tight course the the wop mobile is mighty wide.

i'd be interested to see the starting order reversed, that would be more telling. the vette would leg him out on the straights and get eaten alive in the corners.

i present this as evidence.

Last edited by snitzer; 08-17-2009, 05:54 PM.

Comment

fuck yeah Chevrolet.
      1987 325is Black/Black
      -Stock (mostly)

Comment

The ZR1 was 13.6 seconds faster then the Lambo LP640 around the ring. Granted, the LP 670 is a bit different, but it still shows just how fast the Corvette really is.

Also remember the Corvette costs around $100,000 and the Lambo is more like $400,000+

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
          Also remember the Corvette costs around $100,000 and the Lambo is more like $400,000+
          one is also made of plastic inside...

a chevy is a chevy at the end of the day. its a sweet track car but thats all it is. Everyone is always, omg the new z06/zr1 is amazing blah blah blah. drive one. it is hoooooorrible everyday
          Originally posted by george graves

Are you kidding me? That nerd doesn't even know how his dick works, let alone a car.

Comment

If I had enough money to buy one, It wouldn't be the car I drove everyday, so that is a mute point. It's not made to be driven everyday. Yes, you can, but it doesn't do it as well as a lot of other cars.

A Corvette is a performance/muscle car. They just have enough technology in them anymore to also be good on the track instead of just in a straight line.

Comment

The zr1 is sooo badass. For the price its a no brainer.
              Turbo e30 M52. Built Motor, GT3582r
              Watch my vids http://www.youtube.com/user/GrudgeRider156?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by turbo325i View Post
                The zr1 is sooo badass. For the price its a no brainer.
                You know, I'm not so sure about this. If someone has $100,000 to plunk down on a car I would imagine they probably have enough to get about anything. So why a Corvette? They are impressively fast but if I had $100,000 to throw away on a car I would rather shell out more and get something with a little more style. Budget supercar just sounds like a misnomer to me.

$500, Diamantschwarz, and a Dream

Comment

Originally posted by snitzer View Post
                  the spaghetti can had the advantage on that course ..... anytime the piggy could get any wind in its sails it was time to shut it down ...by the time he'd recover the lambo was leaving him. no doubt that the vette has legs but on a tight course the the wop mobile is mighty wide.

i'd be interested to see the starting order reversed, that would be more telling. the vette would leg him out on the straights and get eaten alive in the corners.

i present this as evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3553jaa81uw

wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
                    If someone has $100,000 to plunk down on a car I would imagine they probably have enough to get about anything.
                    Huh??? the whole point is you only have $100k, not $400k+... thats the whole point of the car being "cheap". Its for those that can only afford to pay the $100k.
                    Turbo e30 M52. Built Motor, GT3582r
                    Watch my vids http://www.youtube.com/user/GrudgeRider156?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by turbo325i View Post
                      Huh??? the whole point is you only have $100k, not $400k+... thats the whole point of the car being "cheap". Its for those that can only afford to pay the $100k.
                      My point is that how many people do you know that have "just" $100k that they can spend on a car? My guess is that there are very few people that have just enough money to buy a $100k car but not enough to buy anything more expensive. If you are a multi-millionare who cares if the car is $100k or $500k?

Comment

Originally posted by TheEtaUnderdog View Post

a chevy is a chevy at the end of the day. its a sweet track car but thats all it is. Everyone is always, omg the new z06/zr1 is amazing blah blah blah. drive one. it is hoooooorrible everyday
                        The C6 has MUCH better interior thant the C5, which, admittedly, hadd too many cheap plastic trim pieces, cheap carpet, and the radio of a cavalier. You have to be looking for an excuse to take it down a peg, though.

/chevy fanboy
                        '89 325i track sloot
                        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by wildstoats View Post
                          My point is that how many people do you know that have "just" $100k that they can spend on a car? My guess is that there are very few people that have just enough money to buy a $100k car but not enough to buy anything more expensive. If you are a multi-millionare who cares if the car is $100k or $500k?

Um, are you serious? My dad has enough to spend on either car but there's no way in hell he'd actually spend 400k on a car. 100k plausible. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that if someone is willing to spend 100k they are willing to spend 400k....

Comment

Originally posted by balooshinakus View Post
                            Um, are you serious? My dad has enough to spend on either car but there's no way in hell he'd actually spend 400k on a car. 100k plausible. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that if someone is willing to spend 100k they are willing to spend 400k....
                            Ok, maybe I'm not being clear, that is my bad because I didn't state the assumptions for my argument. If someone has basically unlimited funding (for sake of argument) they probably aren't going to buy a Corvette because "it's a good deal". They might buy one because they like them, or because the maintenance is less of a hassle, or because it makes a great track platform, etc. But the point I am making is that the term "supercar" in my view implies some amount of unobtainium, leading me to view the term "budget supercar" as a contradiction. Like it or not there are people in the world that buy cars simply to flaunt wealth. These are the kind of people I am referring to when I say that if someone has the means to spend $100k they would rather spend $400k for the extra exclusivity. Do I think that makes any kind of sense? Not at all, but that's because I was raised in a middle-class family and can't comprehend blowing four times as much money on equal or maybe even less performance just to prove how much money I have. However, at the same time a lot of the people I hear going on and on about how affordable the ZR1 is relative to its performance could not afford one anyway. $100,000 isn't pocket change to the vast majority of people in this country as far as I am aware. As a friend of mine says: "If someone is selling dollar bills for a quarter but you don't have a quarter you are out of luck". I'm just trying to figure out exactly who the ZR1's target market is and trying to understand how large it is because I honestly don't know.
                            Last edited by wildstoats; 08-18-2009, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEtaUnderdog View Post

lol. do you have any c5 or c6? horrible to drive everyday hahaha! gtfo its a brand new car, it beats the shit out of 90% of e30s we drive as far as comfort and driving everyday. i know i could go for some brand new leather interior and A/C every time i get in my fuckin e30s.

edit- i know the response will be "but the zr1 is 100k and isnt as nice as a ferrari inside". i guess the big price difference might explain that. doesnt make the vettes "horrible".

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                                lol. Do you have any c5 or c6? Horrible to drive everyday hahaha! Gtfo its a brand new car, it beats the shit out of 90% of e30s we drive as far as comfort and driving everyday. I know i could go for some brand new leather interior and a/c every time i get in my fuckin e30s.
                                +1!
                                '89 325i track sloot
                                '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Working...
                                X