This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
    I don't think Trump has much bearing on nearly a century of thought on the matter. Feel free to think otherwise though and not be assimilated into the rest of our culture. Also, feel free to ignore that the popular vote was a few million votes the other way. The majority is right, in your line of thinking, correct?
    So long as the continued enslavement of Native Americans and your "century of thought" is owned by you and your folks. We used to enslave Africans for centuries too, so I suppose its ok to keep up with the status quo because its been done this way forever. Brilliant critical thinking there.

The irony of "The majority is right, in your line of thinking, correct?" has blown right by you especially after "Also, feel free to ignore that the popular vote was a few million votes the other way." Is it hard to live with that much cognitive dissonance?

Yeah. Maybe their rights should be violated and things would be better now. Or maybe we should ask the Native Americans if they want to be stripped of their culture. My father figure and the person that got me into old BMWs is Navajo, born and raised on a reservation. I'm 100% sure of his answer. Or maybe we should just shoot them all so that we can do what we want with their land, like we did for several centuries already. It worked out great for the USA before, let's make America Great Again.
    Yep, that's exactly what I was saying.

You guys are so dishonest, its amazing.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      I cant speak for anyone else, but I wont! haha come onnnn . PM me at least.
      You got your wish.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        Only one does. The rest just apply. But yea, they, in my area anyway, seem to be much more laid back, and dont bother people
        The point is accountability though. Bad hiring practices can be voted out, theoretically.

Yes, around here most of the deputies are 10x cooler than our particular Sheriff. I think it attracts much more level headed people for some reason.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          You got your wish.
          Funny thing is that in many ways I agree with you. The way they were handled was horrible. Similar to picking at a scab and it keeps bleeding and scabbing up and picking at it and it bleeds, etc. Just yank the damn thing off, deal with the blood and move on with the scar.

That said, I dont think this current situation is any different. We're picking at this scab again.

Pretty much every modern democratic nation has atrocities like this in its history. Most people want to ignore it as if its never happened but healing doesnt begin until you accept the mistakes of your past. America continues to ignore it and it keeps the scab bleeding over and over
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Funny thing is that in many ways I agree with you. The way they were handled was horrible. Similar to picking at a scab and it keeps bleeding and scabbing up and picking at it and it bleeds, etc. Just yank the damn thing off, deal with the blood and move on with the scar.

That said, I dont think this current situation is any different. We're picking at this scab again.

Pretty much every modern democratic nation has atrocities like this in its history. Most people want to ignore it as if its never happened but healing doesnt begin until you accept the mistakes of your past. America continues to ignore it and it keeps the scab bleeding over and over
            And that's my whole argument. But, according to Kershaw and others, we should just continue to do what we have always done because this idea is different than conventional "wisdom." The truth is that its the definition of insanity to continue to do the same things and fail continually.

Before we got here, Native Americans were slaughtering and enslaving each other. You don't have to be a democratic society to have committed atrocities.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

yeah, we were just the white knights who came to save them from themselves right? good grief.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Before we got here, Native Americans were slaughtering and enslaving each other. You don't have to be a democratic society to have committed atrocities.
                not even close to the same levels :hitler:

Originally posted by nando View Post
                yeah, we were just the white knights who came to save them from themselves right? good grief.
                the savages needed to be removed from the white mans land
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

not even close to the same levels :hitler:
                  They would have had they been organized enough. Slavery is slavery and genocide is genocide, is it not?

the savages needed to be removed from the white mans land
                  You can't undo what happened so hyperbole is pointless at this point. If we could uninvent the gun, then no one would die by them ever. But you can't.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Wow this has gone to shit in a hurry......
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Wow this has gone to shit in a hurry......
                      Its my fault.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

nope. generally speaking, the required condition is "be human".
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                          nope. generally speaking, the required condition is "be human".
                          Indeed.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I guess I should've used the word genocide instead of atrocities
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I guess I should've used the word genocide instead of atrocities
                              And I would actually challenge the assertion that democracies have a history of genocide. Most nations that have committed genocide have been behind dictatorships.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I don't expect anyone to read the full article, but it is interesting. http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/7302

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X