No announcement yet.

Group Buy: CruiseCAM camera mount UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"***NOTE: SHIPPING WILL BE DELAYED FOR ALL ORDERS MONDAY AND TUESDAY Aug 2-3** All orders will ship out on Wednesday August 4th."

damn, I hope it gets here in time for sundays autocross
    BEERTECH

Comment

Solid peice for how cheap it is. Definately money well spent if you guys are on the fence about it. Its better than anything I would have made and I would have easily wasted $30 of my time making it.

I didnt floor it or anything because it was in a hood but I took it up a pretty bumpy hill and down the other side and the picture is solid. BTW the crunching sound is the lensecover hitting the camera, I just used my digi in a pinch.

4.5MB just under two minutes. Its a WMV file so stream at your hearts delight.
      Im now E30less.
      sigpic

Comment

I got mine today too and love it. Auto-x vids this weekend, woowoo
        BEERTECH

Comment

Got mine today too, it looks great, and I can't wait to use it. What did you guys choose (color wise). I went w/black.
          Brandon

Comment

got my black one yesterday, this thing is extremely well built, I was pleasantly surprised!
            Dan

Comment

here's a thread with a video I made using the mount...

Dan

Comment

is the coupon code still good? Pops wants one of his own.
                Im now E30less.
                sigpic

Comment

I have no idea, wouldnt hurt to try i guess
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Somone please post a pic of how they have this setup in their car, cause just by playing with it a little, I dont see the use for the straps or the rubber piece, or perhaps it is just my camera that mounts up weird...

I havent actually got this thing in my car yet, just messing with it.
                    Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by F|2eeSTy|e
                      Somone please post a pic of how they have this setup in their car, cause just by playing with it a little, I dont see the use for the straps or the rubber piece, or perhaps it is just my camera that mounts up weird...

the way it works is.... you slide the rubber thing out of the way, attaach your camera to the screw, adjust it how you like it, then slide the rubber thing back into place, it will move the adjustments, but you need to re adjust, it gives everything more stability. Then take the strap and put it through the handle or strap on the camera, then around the body of the camera and tighten the strap, it's just another form of protection if say your camera comes off the screw while your taking a sharp hard turn during an autoX, the strap stops it from falling in your lap or on the floor and breaking. good luck man, I can take pics later if you still dont get it.
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by F|2eeSTy|e

Um, look at the picture in the first post of this thread. That's my car, with the unit installed. It's a pretty straightforward install, you should see all the components.

-Charlie
                        Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                        '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                        FYYFF

Comment

the strap is extra so the dam thing doesnt fly out the window if the screw comes loose. The rubber thing serves as a vibration damper.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand slidding the rubber thing out of the way, attaching the camera, and what the straps are for, but the rubber piece doesnt rotate like the actual mount does at least with mine... Maybe the bolt they have holding the rubber piece is too tight on mine - I didnt want to break it.

I think its just mine being a bitch, ill mess with it more tonight.
                            Brandon

Comment

mine is really lose. The flaps on the rubber thing bend a bit when I angle the mount up/down. I assume that is what you meant by rotate because my base doesnt rotate.
                              Im now E30less.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X