Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    Very nice shots by you and Blackbird.

Is this below the cascades at McDonald Creek, across the highway from Avalanche and Trail of the Cedars? If so, that's such a cool spot where the water falls through those slots. Harder to get to it from the backside like that. Also, Avalanche Falls is really cool and a mini rain forest, and anyone can see it on a totally accessible boardwalk trail.
    Nope that vantage point not far from the hidden lake trail head a logan. Less than a 1/2 mile form the visitors center at logan. That whole area is closed the entire season now, not even when snow cover is still on or right when the eveything is dead and the snow is starting will the park open that area anymore.

Originally posted by LateFan
    As far as crowding, if people just drive over the top, they'll be blown away. If you ride a small bus, it's almost better because you can relax about driving off a cliff and actually see things, and you're rid of your panicked passengers who can't enjoy the view because you're driving next to cliffs! I saw more doing that once than I have riding a bike - too tired to look around going up, concentrating too hard on not going off a cliff going back down.
    LOL Yeah when we take guests and what not up they are always stomping on the brake in the pass/back seats, and my wife's aunt actually got mad at me for treating the drive up and over "like a sunday drive" and nearly hitting the rock and driving over the side...... In my defense is was sunday, you have to get close to the rock face an just because you cant see the edge does not mean there are not fee of road there. I can run that road in my sleep I have been over it so many times. In fact went to costco to get a lawn mower battery and ended up a logan for the evening

1st time I hiked the upper end of the highline was late in the season and there was a little snow on it and the hose/cable was already removed for the winter. I remember the hiker bailing off from a couple years ago, wife/mil/and some family were in the park that day but over at many glacier when that was going on....

from WAY WAY up the northfork.

IMG_4934 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

F80 M3 Mulholland by JMG, on Flickr
      F80 ///M3 CS
      i3 REx LCI
      Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

[ATTACH]116964[/ATTACH]

Comment

Lol that was not taken recently.

Will post a recent shot when I get in for the day
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Lol that was not taken recently.
            Too green and not enough snow?
            AWD > RWD

Comment

Not enough smoke...

Click image for larger version

Name:	14840030_G.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	7192995

Name:	ryenoldscreek_pho_2015202.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	7192994

Of course it wasn't taken recently..."lol"......

99% of these people have never been to this place and it might be interesting to them.

Comment

^
                That looks like last years fire at sun rift / Lake St Mary.

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                Too green and not enough snow?
                kinda right, yes way too green for this time of year, too much snow as well. but as late has alluded too WAY too much visibility.

This is a capture off the webcam yesterday looking at roughly the same perspective as the people on the the over look deck, thats not fog or a cloud its bright clear sun shinny day its smoke from all the fires..... The Rice Ridge fire in Seeley Lake has had the area looking much like this image since july, Its not just this bad up at the higher elevations in the park, there are 17 large fires burning in MT and ID and several more in Alberta and eastern BC. ITS BAD .......... Even down in the valley at my house, wife cant see the tree line about a 1/2 mile away and the Salish range we live at the base of cant be seen either...

logan1 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-09-2017, 04:20 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Photo from recent adventure in Yosemite.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
                    Absolutely beautiful.

Snapped this one this morning....

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by Neil1138 View Post
                      Cool photo.....I would NOT be out on that rock.

SkiFree - why was that such a great color on that car? It's amazing how right it is. And Alpinas.....

Comment

Right? It just goes with the simple elegant lines so well. Someone recently called them the gentleman's hot-rod, that doesn't seem all that far off the mark.
                        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Same spot, yesterday..
                          Park Service photo

Name:	21462734_10155152140514912_1452217397275056617_n.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	7193035

Comment

So I found out on Thursday that an e46 wagon will hold 14 cases of beer, 12 handles of alcohol, 20 bottles of soda and and 12 bottles of tonic water...as well as 3 adult men
                            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                            E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Your liquids to human ratio is quite high.

pictures....

Name:	Parka Boy.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	7193036

Comment

Wife said there was snow in the high elevations lastnight, and that it finally cooled off but skipped the 80s the 70s and the 60s. Wenter right from mid 90s to seasonal cool 50s and a bit of needed rain

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X