Bad miss after engine is warmed up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad miss after engine is warmed up...

I have a miss or really bad flat spot if I shut the car off and then start it back up. It only does this when it is warmed up and I can usually give it some throttle and it will pull through but has no power. It lasts about 10 seconds once it starts and I have to rev it before I pull out. Any ideas? Also the check engine light comes on for just a few seconds.
    Last edited by Jak; 11-24-2007, 03:11 PM.

I finally got around to putting my code reader on it and discovered im getting a C9 error. It seams this is Emissions (Lambda) Control. Does anyone know what this system is? I tried googling it and didn't see much about it. Thanks for the replies. :p

Comment

lambda is oxygen sensor
      www.classicdaily.net
      1970 m42 swapped 2002
      1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
      https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

Thanks thats what I was thinking. I am considering replacing the o2 with a generic sensor and replacing the cat with a catco 9068. Has anyone used that combo?

Comment

any resolution on this?
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

None yet but the consensus is that its an o2 sensor. I have asked a couple mechanics about it and they told me that it could be a plugged or deteriorated Cat as well. I'm considering replacing both since I know that cat is trashed.

I will be ordering the parts soon. Any opinions on the Catco?

Comment

Working...
            X