EBay seller: PartsContainer - AVOID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBay seller: PartsContainer - AVOID

I just had the worst transaction EVER on EBay, and because this guy seems to a pretty big volume of sales, I wanted to pass along my warning.

Don't.

I recently had to do a clutch in my e30, and figured I'd do my shift bushings at the same time. Bought the clutch from RockAuto, shift bushing kit (which was incomplete, by the way) from PartsContainer. Clutch came in, I waited a couple days, put the clutch in, and thought I'd see how far out my parts were...

Hadn't even shipped yet.

Guy promises "1 day handling" in his auctions, there were "5 available" and the auction says the parts ship from Nashville, TN. Being in Florida, I tried to order from somewhere close so that they'd be here relatively quick. I paid the guy the same time I ordered the kit 5/24 and finally got the tracking info on 5/28. Rather than Tennessee, the parts drop shipped from California. Guy said he shipped them 2 day express, even had it in a 2 day express box, but the parts didn't arrive until 6/2. They even sent me an email asking if I was satisfied with my purchase, and my parts hadn't even arrived yet. When I complained about the time it was taking, I basically got back "Oh well, too damn bad" as a response.

After a few days of not getting any tracking info, I looked into the guy's feedback... A TON of neutral and negative reviews. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because I actually received something in the mail, and it seems to be what I ordered. A bunch of people are leaving feedback about never receiving their parts, receiving wrong parts, and the seller is HORRIBLE about making things right. One guy hadn't gotten any parts and has had no refund in almost 3 months.

Buyer beware.

Good to know, thanks for posting
    1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
    1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
    1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

I try to buy from sellers with a 98.5% feedback score or higher, and I'm even hesitant at 98.5, specially if they have a lot of feedback.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
      1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
      1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
      1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
      1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
      1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
      Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
      1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
      1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

I also got hosed by partscontainer. Parking brake parts for e30M3 are on perma backorder and I needed them for my project. Found them listed on ebay claiming 10 in stock. They were double my cost but I needed them. Never came .. No communication at all even after 4 or 5 emails, Finally filed a claim and got my loot but what a hassle.
        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I've bought lots of things from partscontainer over the years. I've had a couple issues. One order was never shipped and I had so send back something else, but the rest have been good. They're a large parts distributor, so like any large business without a single person running it, it's going to be hit or miss.
          Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

So you checked feedback after buying?

Comment

Working...
            X