W.T.B. E30 M3 roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W.T.B. E30 M3 roller

Actively looking for a rolling chassis. Have a good s14 that needs to get back home. Seattle area, but can travel. thanks

theres a shell on www.bimmerforums.com for sale. I think its in CO

Comment

Originally posted by KingstonE30 View Post
      Actively looking for a rolling chassis. Have a good s14 that needs to get back home. Seattle area, but can travel. thanks
      How hard would it be to put it into a 2002?

If you put it into an e30 M3, you just have an underpowered e30.
      Richard

Comment

Eric on this forum has a non roller.

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by 91Saleen#15 View Post
          How hard would it be to put it into a 2002?

If you put it into an e30 M3, you just have an underpowered e30.
          ...........wut

Comment

LOL, basically he's saying 210HP (with chip, the most powerful powerplant for the E30) out of a 4 cylinder S14 makes an "underpowered E30." Wow, thank goodness for Turbo's and engine swaps huh?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Eric's shell is in CO. Probably the same car.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

S14 into a 2002...

nice combo...

Comment

That's kind of hard to find..

I'd just find a 325i door and buy the M3 panels and trunk/parts which I think they still sell them exempt for some hardware n/a which you can make yourself, and mold of the c-pillar out of carbon fiber of a real m3.

Its a bit more than that but finding one must be a hard task and an expensive one at that. Good luck

Comment

I wouldn't go that far unless he really wants a project car to work on. I would just buy the panels, it still looks great without the c pillar..

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    LOL, basically he's saying 210HP (with chip, the most powerful powerplant for the E30) out of a 4 cylinder S14 makes an "underpowered E30." Wow, thank goodness for Turbo's and engine swaps huh?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Eric's shell is in CO. Probably the same car.
                    This is not an academic question for me.... I'm faced with the same dilemma. Here is a shot of my "project M3".

The car is in pretty rough shape and it's going to take a lot of work... The S14 is in good shape, but in an e30 it would be a ho-hum car to me. On the other hand, in a 1700 lb 2002 it could really scoot. So, I'm thinking of putting an M62 and a 6 speed in the M3 and finding a 2002 for the S14.
                    Richard

Comment

say this today..
                      sigpic

Comment

This is not an academic question for me.... I'm faced with the same dilemma. Here is a shot of my "project M3".

The car is in pretty rough shape and it's going to take a lot of work... The S14 is in good shape, but in an e30 it would be a ho-hum car to me. On the other hand, in a 1700 lb 2002 it could really scoot. So, I'm thinking of putting an M62 and a 6 speed in the M3 and finding a 2002 for the S14.
                        put the m3 back together with the s14..... An s14 in an 02 is fun but its not all that fast. Everything is relative of course. There just arent many s14 powered M3s left. My opinion would be your best investment would be to bring that M3 back to its original status. If you can drive, that M3 is plenty fast and fun. slap a strong M20 in the 02 for cheap fun
                        We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                        www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                          put the m3 back together with the s14..... An s14 in an 02 is fun but its not all that fast. Everything is relative of course. There just arent many s14 powered M3s left. My opinion would be your best investment would be to bring that M3 back to its original status. If you can drive, that M3 is plenty fast and fun. slap a strong M20 in the 02 for cheap fun
                          I think that would be good advice for most, but probably not for me. In truth, I don't know what I will eventually do with the M3, if ever anything. At the moment, my efforts are focused on discovering how well I can make my S52 powered e30 perform. I've been meaning to get in touch with you about upping the horsepower with forced induction. I have a friend who is running your manifold and he seems to be doing quite well with it. I'm trying to decide whether to use a turbo, or a Paxton Novi 1200 that I used on a Mustang, but gave up on. When do you anticipate have more of your manifolds available?
                          Richard

Comment

Oh wow! Hey what is the story with this car? Haven't seen this before if already posted. Fill me in please and by chance ya got any more pictures to post?

Thanks
                            88 M3 Diamantschwarz
                            89 M3 Zinnoberrot
                            56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
                            www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

I think that would be good advice for most, but probably not for me. In truth, I don't know what I will eventually do with the M3, if ever anything. At the moment, my efforts are focused on discovering how well I can make my S52 powered e30 perform. I've been meaning to get in touch with you about upping the horsepower with forced induction. I have a friend who is running your manifold and he seems to be doing quite well with it. I'm trying to decide whether to use a turbo, or a Paxton Novi 1200 that I used on a Mustang, but gave up on. When do you anticipate have more of your manifolds available?
                              I would advise to go the turbo route. 99% of BMW owners who go the supercharger route end up switching to a turbo setup.
                              You will gain more HP and TQ with the turbo setup over any supercharger setup.
                              Manifolds will back in stock within a few weeks.
                              Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X