Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle Issues (ECU?)

Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with idle problems for a while now. The car idles around 1300 rpm (sometimes 1700, I haven't figured out when the switch happens). If I'm coming up to a stop and let the engine spin down, once I clutch in, the idle will jump up to around 1700-2000 and then drop back to around 1300. I've replaced most vacuum lines more as a precautionary measure, however the high idle only really reveals itself after I've driven the car/applied throttle input. Otherwise itll idle around 1k when cold. If I let it warm up fully itll drop to around 800, as long as I havent touched the gas pedal. I recently removed the cruise control module (green box) and the car wouldnt idle below 3k, so I put in a different junkyard unit and it seemed to resolve the issue temporarily. Once I had driven around for about 20 minutes the issue came back. Does anyone have any other tips as to what to check for?
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with idle problems for a while now. The car idles around 1300 rpm (sometimes 1700, I haven't figured out when the switch happens). If I'm coming up to a stop and let the engine spin down, once I clutch in, the idle will jump up to around 1700-2000 and then drop back to around 1300. I've replaced most vacuum lines more as a precautionary measure, however the high idle only really reveals itself after I've driven the car/applied throttle input. Otherwise itll idle around 1k when cold. If I let it warm up fully itll drop to around 800, as long as I havent touched the gas pedal. I recently removed the cruise control module (green box) and the car wouldnt idle below 3k, so I put in a different junkyard unit and it seemed to resolve the issue temporarily. Once I had driven around for about 20 minutes the issue came back. Does anyone have any other tips as to what to check for?
    My issue is similar but does it non stop at idle. but if I upshift to hey the rpms low enough to 1,500 before a stop she doesn't idle erratically. Have you tried doing this instead of the usual clutch in while rpm's are spinning at 2,500rpms plus plus.

Let me know your findings boss

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X