AUX fan rubbed through bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AUX fan rubbed through bumper

Hey guys so I was fixing my AC today after 5 years of having the car. It was converted to R134 in ‘04 (PO did, has a shop sticker). Long story short my aux fan was making all kinds of noise so i looked around and found this. Looks like at some point the bumper got bent in and the aux fan wore through the sheet metal OR is my AUX fan toast and the blades have moved away from the shaft? I’m puzzled. A little help is appreciatd.Click image for larger version

Name:	E984E2F6-4542-4240-9687-F532673F98F3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	7253397
    Last edited by Cayoncrusier93; 07-27-2018, 07:03 PM.

Bump, anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

Does the fan still line up with the "frame" it supposed to be in? If you spin it by hand does it hit anything?
      86 325e sedan
      • Magnaflow Cat-back
      • SSSquid Stage 1 Chip

Comment

Originally posted by wolfador View Post
        Does the fan still line up with the "frame" it supposed to be in? If you spin it by hand does it hit anything?
        Yes, the only place it makes contact on is the center nut on the back of the bumper. Spun by hand, no issues, jump the resistor and sounds like it’s going to blow itself to pieces. I pushed the fan back with my hand and it’s nearly impossible to push the fan the extra 1/4” for clearance. I was thinking of taking off my bumper and drilling the hole a little bigger and give it clearance and just run with it.

Comment

Working...
        X