wideband opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    Weird, cause I found their new "controller in a cable" the same quality of protecting the sensor that they are know for- and that connector was awesome. Better then what you'll see in a lot of other builds. Innovate got a ton of crap for a bad production run years ago (10 years ago?). I guess that why there is so much distrust.
    QFT. Sounds about right. Mine went wonky in that era, and it sat in my personal car for a minute. They were great about the return, though. Best part is if you shop, and use a coupon, you can score a replacement sensor for as cheap as $65
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by OmarE30 View Post
      I recently added MSPNP2 to my m20b25 and I'm having some issues with Wideband.
      I installed the APSX D1 Wideband with controller and I'm having issues with it reading into MegaSquirt. There are 5 wires Black(ground),Red(12v),Green(screen display), Brown(narrowband) and white(analog). am I suppose to run a wire from analog to my actual ECU or connect narrawband from the car harness to the analog wire from the Wideband.
      I was thinking of getting this kit as well. The pic on apsx website show that the white goes to the ecu. Please post up how it works for you. If any body has input on the brand, clue us in.

Comment

Originally posted by rhE-30 View Post
        I was thinking of getting this kit as well.
        I'd stay away from any kit that is so cheap they won't throw in a 35 cent electrolytic cap.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I used "Just Another Wideband" with success in the past. They changed their name to 14point7.com. Used to sell open source kits and/or instructions to build your own controller.

I built a couple of their DIY JAW kits back in the day, then they went on to surface mount and you just added a few full size components, but now with their controllers are pre-made and only $75. (https://www.14point7.com/products/sp...a-controller-2) The owner Alan To was always very helpful and answered emails straight away. I still have a working JAW in my sensor cabinet.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

So after all these years is LC-1 still a good choice for wideband O2?
            Current:
            '88 325ic Silver 5sp
            '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
            '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
            '06 325i Black 5sp
            '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
            '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
            '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

No. The Lc-2. They are the only company that is actively updating their software and firmware - and they know how to protect a wide band sensor, and keep it calibrated. Yes, there are a bunch of other out there, but these guys actually know what they are doing IMHO.

PS - no affiliation.

Comment

naaaaa.

14point7.

you can also compensate for grounding offsets for better accuracy.
                idk if lc2 does that tho. recently replaced the old lc1 & old ass 4.2lmu.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                  you can also compensate for grounding offsets for better accuracy.
                  idk if lc2 does that tho. recently replaced the old lc1 & old ass 4.2lmu.
                  You shouldn't compensate for grounding offsets. Ues what's called a "star ground" (silly name, it's just all the grounds "star" into one point)

Comment

idk what that is but this is how he does it if interested.

There is a companion video available here In this article I will be discussing and demonstrating how to maximize accuracy (or minimizing errors) when interfacing your Spartan Lambda Controller 2 to your MegaSquirt ECU. I will be utilizing the Output Sequencer feature on Spartan 2 to achieve maximium accuracy, this arti

Comment

Working...
                    X