Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lira (euro DS mtech II 318is reshelled, 24v swapped, also now BAR'd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those wheels are wild. Looks good man
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

I saw your car at Radwood, super nice man!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

thanks folks! this one is getting close to "done" :)

stay tuned for a new project thread soon, though.
        cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
          thanks folks! this one is getting close to "done" :)

stay tuned for a new project thread soon, though.
          updates to the white car?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            updates to the white car?
            hahaha

haha

no
            cars beep boop

Comment

the 12v mystery machine?
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

What road were those pics taken at? Never seen that area before!
                SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

that's west pacific avenue, on the south edge of the Presidio. stumbled on it by total chance.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Just went through the whole thread. Great work!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                      Just went through the whole thread. Great work!
                      thanks!

This month was the 2-year anniversary of this car getting back on the road. In CA, this means it needs to get smogged. I took the opportunity to knock out some deferred maintenance and replace some parts. The existing suspension on the car was pulled directly from the italian 318is.. the shocks were old and blown, and the Weitec springs were softer than I like. It was bad enough that the car would start to jiggle and try to get away from me on rough roads.

So, these things went on:

That's some oil & a filter, a set of IE3 springs, and a brand-new set of Koni Sport shocks. Not pictured is a set of low-tech camber plates I pulled from a junkyard a few months ago. They are an interesting design that I've not really seen for sale anywhere - a single plate of aluminum with three threaded holes and three slotted holes. The strut mount's studs get pushed out, the plate gets bolted to the strut mount via the threaded holes, and then can be adjusted via slotted mounts. Overall, very simple design.

Installed suspension height:

Overall, the rear is sitting a little bit lower than with the previous springs, and the front is about the same. (with 1/4" of camber plate). This is as low as I can go without scraping my cat on the ground while pulling into the garage, so it's pretty convenient. If it really bothers me, I'll end up grabbing a set of 15mm rear spring pads to replace the double-stacked stock ones.

The suspension feels 100% better and more controllable. Would install again.

Oh, and after I found and fixed the vacuum leak (brake booster hose fitting bushing thingy) the car sailed through smog with very low numbers. Two more years!
                      cars beep boop

Comment

This is the car I wanted:)

Can't believe I forgot to ask you about this car when you were up here getting the ix parts:)
                        I tried to buy this car, but just did not work out. I can see I would have been in project mode for a long time....you have really worked hard on this car and it shows!....now go out and enjoy:).
                        jm

Comment

Love this car
                          Build Threads:
                          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I used to use the Rotella T6, but in all honesty, it's too light of an oil. I went with Rotella T4 and it's a great change! It's also easier on the wallet as T6 continues to rise is popularity and price. Try the T4 next time and see what happens (*this is all on the assumption you have an M20... which i'm thinking isn't the case... ugh*)

Comment

First ride of shame for Lira was last weekend. Motor quit while merging between two highways without any shoulders available to pull off to. After some frantic waiting in the right lane around a blind corner, a cop pushed me about a mile up a hill and had me coast down to the next exit. At 60 mph, with no power.

Turns out the stiffer suspension bounced the push connector of my fuel pump off the bulkhead. So, that's soldered now.
                              cars beep boop

Comment

small update, installed rear headrests

also got everything needed to install AC into the car, just in time for it to be cold and shitty in the bay area for the next 5 months.
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X