Oil Control Valve gasket replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Control Valve gasket replacement

I'm using the above link, but lost the order of the parts. I assume its the thermostat with the narrow end, then spring, then cover piece with o-ring then circlip.

Any hints on the re-instalation part? Clamp + 15mm socket? I'm trying that combo but can't seem to get the clamp in deep enough to provide clearance for the clip to go in.

been trying it with a 14mm but still no luck to get that clip on. I took the whole housing off except for the oil cooler lines and have a c-clamp and 14mm socket on it. i used a set of plyers to get the clip to compress as much as possible but i can't feed the entire thing inside the lip.

Comment

I used one of these clamps to get it done. Keep at it and you sill get it, it can be a little stubborn, but you're on the right track.

Comment

The spring isn't really all that powerfull. If you take the housing off the block it gets really easy and I just held it on with my finger as I took the ring out.

Word to the wise; make sure you have the replacement O-ring if you take the housing off. Its a 64x3mm

Comment

Working...
        X