Open to LSD Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open to LSD Swap

Hey guys just to start off i know there are several posts similar to this out there, I’ve done a fair share of web surfing to avoid starting a new one but I haven’t found one that has answered my question exactly. Ok soooo, I have an open 3.25 diff that i want to convert into an LSD. My understanding is (and please correct me if I’m wrong) I can buy a LS carrier and just swap the ring gear from the open and put it on a LS Clutch Carrier. I will NOT be touching the pinion, just swapping the ring gear from the open to the LS Carrier pack. I consider myself to be a pretty competent mechanic but I haven’t dabbled much with Diffs. So can I make the swap or is there much more involved? I can’t find a 3.25lsd for a reasonable price and I have someone that is willing to sell me a Carrier at a good price. Remember I’m keeping the gearset the same (pinion and ring gear) just swapping the open case to a LS clutch carrier case. Thanks and try not to judge me too hard! ;D

As long as the carrier is from a 3.15+, yes. You'll want to check the mesh, just to be sure.
    Use your shims to start, and be sure to keep them where they came from.

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Perfect thank you Brother! 👍👍👍

Comment

Working...
      X