Need: Stereo Installation recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need: Stereo Installation recommendation

I have an 89 535i that needs a stereo installing. I would like to take it to someone I can trust because the early E34s have different wiring than the later ones so it isn't so straight forward (at least for a novice like me). Does anyone have a recommendation? I am in Newcastle but am willing to travel a little way (though that is difficult during the week due to work). If anyone can recommend an installer (or is one themselves) I would appreciate any suggestions.

I'm a DIY kind of guy. And it's not that hard to do. So consider that is an option.

An "install" can mean everything from a full blown system, to just a new head unit installed. It's like $200-to-$20,000.

If you want someone to do it, then all you have to do is the footwork. Visit some shops, and audition some speakers. If you have cash in hand, they will bend over backwards for you. I'd avoid big box stores like Best Buy, and yelp for a local shop.

Pick the place that has the least looking meth heads, pics to back up their work, and some sort of guarantee.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Normally I would try to do this myself but I have too many other projects to dedicate much time to doing this. I figured if there was someone local who can do good work I would rather pay them (the installation would be a head unit, amp, and some speakers). It is nothing very difficult but like I said, no time to do it myself.

Comment

Working...
      X