No announcement yet.

Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should also mention I'm in canada, so a 7700K is ~$425 before tax/shipping.

I find it weird that there's so little price difference in processors though. But I guess like anything, there's probably just a mid range that's fairly flat and bleeding edge skyrockets/obsolete drops off.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

My setup:

my build:

My typical desk ornaments / projects:

GTX 1050Ti
      Kaby Lake i7 7700k
      16Gb hyperx ram
      1TB HDD
      ASUS Board
      650w EVGA PS
      Fractal Design case
      Logitech speakers / Bose headset
      pair of Dell monitors, 23"s I believe

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

FYI - those of you who are looking for a GPU and are dismayed at the insane amounts being asked for the higher end cards, I was able to buy a card at MSRP ($429) from Best Buy (GTX 1070). Newegg and other online retailers are selling for $750+. Had to find a store that was available for ship and pick up (wasn't a local store, but one by my parents in another state), but am definitely happy to save the $300+. Looks like you can also buy the GTX 1080 from them if you can find one at a local store.

Just wanted to pass this on!

Comment

Lot´s great builds here.
          Recently put together an AMD Threadripper 1950X in a Corsair 540 case, but I have no pictures to show for it. It´s sitting in another continent as a remote work station.
          My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
          http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

Started to realize that every game I played on Xbox, people said was better on PC so I figured id give PC gaming a try. Been playing for a week now and love it!

Inspiron 5675
            Ryzen 5 1400 quad, 3.2Ghz
            1 tb sata hd
            8gb RAM DDR4
            Radeon RX 580
            Liquid cooled
            Last edited by TheWipprSnappr; 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM.
            1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
            1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
            E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

Update on my computer from 2 years ago.

Gaming PC
              Case: Antec Nine Hundred Two
              Case fans: (x4) Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm R4-L2R-20AG-R2
              Motherboard: ASROCK Z77 Pro4
              Processor: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50 GHz
              CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
              RAM: Patriot (4x8gb) Patriot DDR3
              Power Supply: Black Widow 850W
              Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce 1050TI FTW Twin Frozr
              Hard Drives: (x2) WD Black 1Tb RAID 0
              System: 64 bit Windows 7 Pro
              Screen: 39" LED Samsung

Laptop
              Alienware M15x
              SSD: OSZ-agility 3 ATA
              Graphics card: GTX 770M
              Last edited by 88BlackS-ETA; 02-14-2018, 08:01 PM.

Feedback Thread

Comment

So I sold my GTX 1070 for $600 on eBay and snagged this for the same price from Best Buy! Can't wait to get this up and running

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyboy101 View Post
                  So I sold my GTX 1070 for $600 on eBay and snagged this for the same price from Best Buy! Can't wait to get this up and running

You lucky bastard... fucking miners ruining the gpu market...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    You lucky bastard... fucking miners ruining the gpu market...
                    a bit lucky, but mostly just patient. I detailed on the previous page how you can get these cards (GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 Founders Edition Cards) at MSRP. Best Buy is not stocking the cards in stores, but they are stocking online, only for ship to store. They seem to be updating inventory multiple times per week, with limited allocation per region and per store. The first 1070 I bought was not locally available, but was available for pick up at the store by my parent's house in another state. The 1080 was luckily available for pick up at my local store. Looking online, they are listed as buy in store only, but that is only until they get the next shipment. If you don't see availability, check back the next day. Good luck!

Update: Should add that even with them being buy in store only, looks like some stores do actually have units in stock. I plugged in 90210 just for shits and giggles and got availability of the GTX 1070 at the Signal Hill Best Buy.

Comment

I got a brand new 6GB GTX1060... I should just sell it rn...
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

For those complaining about miners and GPUs there are plenty of GPUs to be had right now. The prices are increased from the manufacturers right now because of instability in the memory market. Memory for GPUs is elevated.

Profitability is down, way down for mining. Like to the levels it was last summer and as such there are GPUs out there. They are just above original MSRP because the manufacturers have raised prices.

Plenty of 1080Tis, 1080s, 1070Tis, 1060s, and 1050Tis available and the AMD cards have been available. But demand is still there. Anybody wanting a new GPU at this point that has not upgraded either just wants to complain about miners and has no intention of actually upgrading or lacks the funds. I am sympathetic to the latter.
                        sigpic
                        Gun control means using both hands
                        Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

So here she is:. Founders Edition GTX 1080. I prefer the OEM design because my case does not have particularly good cooling, so the blower fan does a nice job of pulling air through the card and exhausting it up.

Here is the case - it will be a tight fit!

Comparison with the card:

Carefully sliding it in...

Almost there...

And it is in!

Ready to game!

Comment

I'll never understand the attraction to a ~$1000 video card.

Yes, I've bought them in the past(nvidia quadro), but that was for video editing, and required by the software to even work (back in the day).
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              I'll never understand the attraction to a ~$1000 video card.

Yes, I've bought them in the past(nvidia quadro), but that was for video editing, and required by the software to even work (back in the day).
                              Some people like playing modern games at 100+ Frames.

They are only really this expensive right now because of the 'muh shortage' manuf. are excusing about.

Plus its a hobby, no different then telling someone 'why did you spend 3k on your camera, or 5k on your shitty 80s bmw that is still broken down in your storage unit'.
                              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                              willschnitz

Comment

I am probably due for a new PC, but every time i go looking at prices man they are just too high. I'd rather buy car bits than PC bits!

My close to 8yr old PC (First gen i7) still does quite well due to a recent edition of an SSD. SSD seems to make a huge difference in keeping old PCs running. MY laptop is 10yrs old but with an SSD and normal use it still performs very well.

Maybe im getting old and what i consider a fast PC isnt fast at all :P

Comment

Working...
                                X