Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado 4x4 Trip | August 2018

7/15/2018

I picked up two more campsites in Grand Junction, CO.

Just need to find a good site for us to use 2-3 days in Boulder and sites are complete IMO. Boise will most likely be me alone or loitering in stiggies driveway.

Also if any of you are into photography I highly recommend researching a Lens to rent from Lensrentals. I've used their service before and its pretty straightforward and not too expensive. Allows you to rent 3k Lenses for like $120 for a week.

If those of us joining from Idaho could let me know what they want to do night of the 28th that would be cool, otherwise I'll camp nearby or in someones driveway.

If all of you could start PM'ing me your phone numbers and what vehicle and camping setup you intend to bring that would be nice, as of now we have 2 sites booked, the most important sites in Ouray, CO. For boulder there is seemingly a lot of walk up sites, but I may try to book something for real around there too. Grand Junction is still a toss up as its not really a popular camping area, but I'm also sure that means it should be easy to find something on the road in or out of town.

Ill handle getting the rest of the sites over the next few weeks, Ill begin to make more and more posts about what will be useful to bring, and some sights we can see so its not just entirely 4x4'ing, some light breaks in-between.

OP

Did some actual homework and started planning this trip that has been mentioned in some of the 4x4 threads here on r3v. I have a pretty set period of time I think would work best for me and potentially most of you who are interested.

The dates I have planned for are the 28th of August to the 3rd of September, with the actual wheeling portion of the trip taking place from the 30th of August to the 3rd of September.

To start closing out the details of this trip I'm going to need fairly firm answers on who is coming and who isn't, to try and plan for some campsite reservations as we will be camping at 2 sites over the trip. One site near Ouray, CO, and the second site spanning most of the trip near Boulder, CO.

Below is a simple image depicting the plan, me coming from Bellingham will have to start on the 28th, meeting anyone near Boise the 29th, and arriving in Grand Junction that night to start the next morning the 30th.

Please post your interest below, and any trail suggestions around boulder that we could look into doing for the majority of the trip.
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 07-15-2018, 10:22 AM.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

I'm interested

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

But for reals. We seem to have a pretty solid general plan. The big items left are finding a campsite that works well around the Boulder area (probably west of Boulder, further up into the mountains), and also finding the trails we want to do while we're up in the Boulder area.

I'm gonna start calling around various, cool looking campsites to see how their reservations work. While we would all prefer to find camping off the side of a trail in a cool location, the practicality of that becomes an issue once there are multiple people, and more importantly, multiple vehicles. So, Will and I thought it's probably best to reserve a place, and on the off chance we find something really cool on the side of a trail, we can just eat the cost of a campground. No biggie.

So, what this entails is... we really do need a list of people that are committed to the trip. This will also help us determine the schedule for the time up around the Boulder area. It doesn't matter to me since I live close by, but planning departure times for everyone else is important.

<3

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Liking this thread already.

Let me look into my schedule a bit, and I'll post up my intent.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
            I'm in.

Comment

Wish I could commit to this, I would love to make this trip, but I am 99% sure I will be working a job when this is going to happen. I will try and make it if my other commitments will allow.....
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

How serious of trails are you looking at? Any specific routes you're leaning towards?

If it's something I can take my F150 through without destroying it, I would look into moving my vacation days to meet up with you guys.
                2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Not too difficult this time, in all likelyhood ill be in a stock ride height toyota pickup so.
                  willschnitz

Comment

This would be a nice meetup, if I'm not in Germany the weeks before I would consider joining in. Won't know for awhile though.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I'm really close to Boulder so I can atleast meet for that! 4Runner is shit so I will most likely hangout and spot for other rigs. e46 Wagon is not good at rocks/trails haha
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Should be fun, Ill probably be riding solo so if anyone wants to ride along on the way Im down to host!
                        willschnitz

Comment

Yeah I'll have an open seat as well. Really looking forward to having a lot of people out. Will and I had a shit ton of fun in Moab last year.

Comment

Making me regret selling my Jeep. Sadly my soccer mom mobile Honda Pilot isn't really a 4X4 by any stretch of the imagination.
                            91 318is M50 swapped
                            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I too will have an open seat, and will be joining in from Northern Arizona.

Still locking down my time off from work and my schedule.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                              X