2jzgte swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
    what did you do to solve your driveshaft problem? or your brake booster problem? one day i want to do this swap, but i want to tackle it with copious amounts of knowledge.

Im completing this swap now. I ended solving the problem with spending more money and going with a custom shaft from Driveshaft shop. You'll need a seamless solid shaft no smaller than 3" with the 1310 joints.

2ndly, this swap takes a lot of time and money, even moreso if youre not using a RHD model for many many reasons. Ive kept power steering and A/C so don't let anyone tell you its not possible. Lastly, don't forget to count in the cost of a new ECU and custom wiring harness. The clips and wiring on my TT supra motor were so worn and brittle, I just had a new harness made since I was snapping bits and pieces off all the time.
    sigpic

1990 325is 2JZGTE Swap
    1989 325ix Coupe
    1988 325is Coupe
    1988 325i Euro Vert

Comment

Originally posted by CarMetic View Post
      Im completing this swap now. I ended solving the problem with spending more money and going with a custom shaft from Driveshaft shop. You'll need a seamless solid shaft no smaller than 3" with the 1310 joints.

2ndly, this swap takes a lot of time and money, even moreso if youre not using a RHD model for many many reasons. Ive kept power steering and A/C so don't let anyone tell you its not possible. Lastly, don't forget to count in the cost of a new ECU and custom wiring harness. The clips and wiring on my TT supra motor were so worn and brittle, I just had a new harness made since I was snapping bits and pieces off all the time.
      I've been gathering information on this swap, for the past few weeks, and I'm taking it really slow with the whole "buying an engine" process, I'm buying bits and pieces of what I'll need for the swap, such as wiring harness, and other minor pieces, I got a shopping list of stuff I gotta get
      Originally posted by dvck
      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
      X