what's your m30 mpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    A 4.10 diff on an m30? That's your problem right there.
    If you look closer you'd see that the mileage stayed the same no matter what diff I ran.

It was quick with the 4.10 though lol. I tried that diff with the m60 and blew it up in 2 days.
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

[QUOTE=CorvallisBMW;2649887]Why the fuck did you downgrade to M1.1? Not trying to be a dick, but c'mon, seriously... why?!?!?!

I didnt downgrade, I bought the car as is. Funny thing is everything needed for 1.3 is on the engine but it's obviously not hooked up all I need is the ecu and harness to swap to 1.3 but I figured I would just do some intensive research and do mega squirt when I get the harness and get everything hooked up.....give me a little credit :p

Comment

Originally posted by lashtx View Post
        He did not downgrade, when he purchased it that is what the guy had on it. He is working on upgrading it to 1.3.

Kris
        Oops didn't read the rest of the thread, thanks kris....so when's the dyne battle going down? But seriously we need to find that restriction of yours and get that spare 2.93 up under your ride.

Comment

Fuel economy recently when down the drain, I used to get between 280-300 miles on a tank of gas and now I get about 180..... Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Thingtwö View Post
            Fuel economy recently when down the drain, I used to get between 280-300 miles on a tank of gas and now I get about 180..... Any ideas on what could be causing this?
            Lead foot == bad gas milage!

Comment

New O2 sensor, if the old one is worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by lashtx View Post
                Lead foot == bad gas milage!
                I forgot to mention there has been NO change in driving style.

And I'll check the 02 sensor, thanks

Comment

I can get anywhere from 30 to 35mpg with my m42.. Even got 40 once but it was a boring as f*** drive.. I normally get 20-25 mpg though.

Comment

Yeah... this is a thread for m30 swaps.

I managed 27 coming back to Portland from BenDubs, 100% highway. I was very happy with that :)

Comment

Originally posted by e30BMart View Post
                      I can get anywhere from 30 to 35mpg with my m42.. Even got 40 once but it was a boring as f*** drive.. I normally get 20-25 mpg though.

thats cool Bro
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

m30b35
                        3.25LSD
                        17x8/9
                        215/45/17(Front)
                        245/40/17(Rear)
                        Rear camber/toe correction for better tire contact
                        **not sure if that affects MPG due to more tire to road contact**

LBS: 2,340 something, I KNOW it weighs in at 2,428 with the old seats that are replaced with really light Recaros. I also removed more metal(skinned inside roof).

I marked out 9 gallons and drove to see my GF in Rochester and back(98% highway) with an average of 24mpg for the 206miles. I did a steady 68-73mph depending on passing etc, also the I90 is nearly flat with slight hills to go up and down. I did drive out once with my brother's wheels/tires running 16x7 with 215/45 square and noticed a slightly better MPG of around 1-2 more, but I would rather have wider tires for the type of driving I do with it.

**This has been with roof rack installed, I wonder if that affects MPG, I would assume so**
                        ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Holy thread revival!

Anyway - with a 3.45 diff & 16x7s (205/50 R16 tyres).

I get 25mpg on the highway & 17-18mpg urban.
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                          X