R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > General Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #4951
djjerme
R3V Elite

lol, I knew my wife and I weren't crazy. One of my old roommate's had a Jetta, and we called it the Crayon car, because we thought some one had stuffed one in the heater vent or something. But he couldn't smell it..

Never realized it was a common issue with VW, in fact I just started typing "VW Smells" in the Google's and the first suggestion was "...like Crayons." Too hilarious.
1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
1985 325e M30B35 powa ST class #50
1991 325i Touring (the next adventure)
2004 X3 2.5 - "Bento"
2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car
djjerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #4952
ncsubowen
E30 Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjerme View Post
lol, I knew my wife and I weren't crazy. One of my old roommate's had a Jetta, and we called it the Crayon car, because we thought some one had stuffed one in the heater vent or something. But he couldn't smell it..

Never realized it was a common issue with VW, in fact I just started typing "VW Smells" in the Google's and the first suggestion was "...like Crayons." Too hilarious.
Most of the longtime owners of those cars claim they 'get used to it' but it's really obnoxious and can be difficult to even be in the car if it's been sitting in the sun.

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622
ncsubowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #4953
fight4life28
Mod Crazy

Can someone show or remind me how we post using ad in forum area? 1jz vert. https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto...488150214.html
fight4life28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:16 AM   #4954
eternal24k

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4life28 View Post
Can someone show or remind me how we post using ad in forum area? 1jz vert. https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto...488150214.html
Shame that's a vert
eternal24k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #4955
Aleman
E30 Modder

I'm just gonna leave this here:

1999 BMW Z3 ROADSTER 2.3 CONVERTIBLE 2.5L 48K MILES VERY NICE - $7495

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/...494460799.html

Exceptionally Well Cared for 1999 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster 2.5 Liter DOHC Inline 6 • 5-Speed Manual BMW CD Audio • Convertible Top • Leather Interior • Heated Seats • Wood Trim Superb Maintenance • Exceptional Low Miles, Upgraded Wood Trim Interior, Cruise Control, CD, Fog Lights , New Brakes, Freshly Serviced.

Back-story from the owner...
You are looking for the nicest, best kept, best maintained and seriously immaculately cared for, 1999 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster. You are here because the quality found in your neck of the woods, by even the lowest standards, is a joke. I know exactly how you feel. I attend specialty and dealer-only auctions every week searching for the best of the best in what I call "niche autos." I scan auction lists of over 3,000 vehicles locally each week and select cars I've come to know are hard to find and that fit my business model of marketing exclusively on eBay. BMWs of all kinds make it onto my own list every time they show up and a small number of these, maybe 4-6 a week, might appear at one of the three major auctions here in the Las Vegas area or perhaps in local classifieds. During the past fifteen years I've seen thousands of vehicles every single year and what that means for you is; I have looked at, touched and smelled a lot of vehicles. I am extremely picky about what to buy or list online and this Z3 is one of just a handful nice enough for this business model. Past ownership, service history and condition, condition, condition are what matters. BMWs are not always treated well, but a precious few are taken care of with extreme measures. This particular BMW Z3 is one of those rare finds and you will not want to pass it up. Beautiful paint, spectacular interior, documented service history and an absolute knock-out to see in person, not to mention a car that was serviced regularly As good as my pictures are, they can't possibly show how truly beautiful this Z3 really is. What else could you want? A great deal? I have that covered too but you will not be purchasing this fine automobile for wholesale or even low book value, if you want that, find a beat Z3 Roadster that wasn't serviced to perfection and I am sure you can find a "cheap" one. You already know you get what you pay for and if you want unmatched quality, service, care and condition, this BMW Z3 Roadster is a super rare find. Read what we have to say, examine every picture in detail, see the amazing condition, up close and personal and then make your call and give me an offer. I promise, you will not be disappointed.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #4956
fight4life28
Mod Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
I'm just gonna leave this here:

1999 BMW Z3 ROADSTER 2.3 CONVERTIBLE 2.5L 48K MILES VERY NICE - $7495

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/...494460799.html

Exceptionally Well Cared for 1999 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster 2.5 Liter DOHC Inline 6 • 5-Speed Manual BMW CD Audio • Convertible Top • Leather Interior • Heated Seats • Wood Trim Superb Maintenance • Exceptional Low Miles, Upgraded Wood Trim Interior, Cruise Control, CD, Fog Lights , New Brakes, Freshly Serviced.

Back-story from the owner...
You are looking for the nicest, best kept, best maintained and seriously immaculately cared for, 1999 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster. You are here because the quality found in your neck of the woods, by even the lowest standards, is a joke. I know exactly how you feel. I attend specialty and dealer-only auctions every week searching for the best of the best in what I call "niche autos." I scan auction lists of over 3,000 vehicles locally each week and select cars I've come to know are hard to find and that fit my business model of marketing exclusively on eBay. BMWs of all kinds make it onto my own list every time they show up and a small number of these, maybe 4-6 a week, might appear at one of the three major auctions here in the Las Vegas area or perhaps in local classifieds. During the past fifteen years I've seen thousands of vehicles every single year and what that means for you is; I have looked at, touched and smelled a lot of vehicles. I am extremely picky about what to buy or list online and this Z3 is one of just a handful nice enough for this business model. Past ownership, service history and condition, condition, condition are what matters. BMWs are not always treated well, but a precious few are taken care of with extreme measures. This particular BMW Z3 is one of those rare finds and you will not want to pass it up. Beautiful paint, spectacular interior, documented service history and an absolute knock-out to see in person, not to mention a car that was serviced regularly As good as my pictures are, they can't possibly show how truly beautiful this Z3 really is. What else could you want? A great deal? I have that covered too but you will not be purchasing this fine automobile for wholesale or even low book value, if you want that, find a beat Z3 Roadster that wasn't serviced to perfection and I am sure you can find a "cheap" one. You already know you get what you pay for and if you want unmatched quality, service, care and condition, this BMW Z3 Roadster is a super rare find. Read what we have to say, examine every picture in detail, see the amazing condition, up close and personal and then make your call and give me an offer. I promise, you will not be disappointed.

Women included?
Old 02-16-2018, 04:31 AM   #4957
varg
E30 Mastermind

Quote:
Quote:
Specs: Tuned Conservatory 14lbs
296hp/306lb-ft
I wonder, what was point of that swap for only ~300whp? Turbo M20s make that kind of power with that kind of boost, and it's much easier to turbo an M20. To swap that engine in and be conservative with it makes the swap a waste of money.

Also
Quote:
(She is VERY LIGHT)
lol

Just say no to screamer pipes.
varg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #4958
flyboyx
R3V OG

Quote:
Women included?
the question is.....would you want her?

she just looks like a nasty pin cushion with big fake tits to me.

Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black
flyboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #4959
psmura

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyx View Post
the question is.....would you want her?

she just looks like a nasty pin cushion with big fake tits to me.

Spot on!
psmura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:24 PM   #4960
fight4life28
Mod Crazy

hahahahah I don't think I would but shes enough photos to make a man ask the question
Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 PM   #4961
Gentlejackjones
Noobie

1987 325 in NOLA

https://auburn.craigslist.org/cto/d/...503022144.html

I just joined to sound this alarm.

But also because I just got myself a 1991 318i from NOLA. Place is a gold mine, apparently. This looks to be a stock "four doors more ......" model, but suspicious of the lack of interior pics or engine bay shots.

Last edited by Gentlejackjones; 02-19-2018 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Clarity
Gentlejackjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM   #4962
Aleman
E30 Modder

I wonder what aftermarket parts this thing has other than the seats. Bodywork looks good.

1989 BMW 325is E30 Coupe 5spd - $3500
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto...500078150.html

Selling my beautiful 1989 BMW E30 325is, runs and drives great, 5spd transmission shifts smoothly; cold a/c. Interior is in good condition. Exterior is beautiful, turns heads everywhere you go. Dash looks great. Awesome reliable classic car. Asking $3500 obo call text or email to see the car.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 AM   #4963
flyboyx
R3V OG

dash in great shape? lol. I guess thats a matter of opinion.

this aside, that appears to be a really good deal and will go fast.

Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black
flyboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:07 AM   #4964
superj
Wrencher

man, that one in Opelika seems like a good deal, other than the sport package, ha ha ha. also the one in tampa but I am leery of it being a true IS. and why is the kick panel carpet missing in the driver's footwell? that's odd
superj is offline   Reply With Quote